Chapter Seven

Sacrifice: Chapter Seven

"The difference between a helping hand and an outstretched palm is a twist of the wrist." ~Laurence Leamer, King of the Night

I woke up at the sight of first light. Normally, I'm an avid late sleeper. Sometimes waking up at noon or during dinner. But today, I felt something different. Something was going to happen today and it's going to impact us all. Dressed in cute denim shorts, and a tight half sleeved tee.

I thought about the werewolf community, there are approximately a somewhat large pack in every major city in the world. Some minor countries in Europe have one pack in their whole country. Average population of packs is around 200-250, making the area we reside in an obvious wolf hot spot according to humans. What concerns me most is that there are traps set up in areas where packs live and werewolves are being caught and injured, in traps meant for wolves. Because we are stronger and larger, we destroy the traps and escape but the hunters might catch on someday.

The council, which consists of Alpha's of major packs such as Alpha Gould, isn't doing much about this. I frowned as I headed down stairs to grab an apple, sitting down on the couch; I turned the tv on and searched for the latest news. One channel particularly caught my attention, I turned the volume up.

"..Dr. Dawn Fawlty of International Wolf Center has reported a study of a new species of wolves found in the Rocky Mountains of Canada to the coasts of Los Angeles. Studies show they are aggressive and large in size, taking the lives of Aubrey Smoham just earlier this year.To control this infestation, the IWC is permitting a shoot at sight license for hunters in the area. For more information, please go to..."

And I zoned out after that, throwing away the apple core, I headed out towards the pack house to continue training and talk to Jesse.

Something is going on. And it's going to be big, I know for a fact that the council will not let humans find out. But hiding amongst them for centuries, and all the 'save the environment and animals' crap, they're finally paying close attention.

I should stop worrying, obviously the council has this under control.

I jogged out the door and down the gravel path towards the pack house. Heading in, I was stunned by the scent of an arousal. Looking around, I spotted Sarah but the scent wasn't coming from her. Walking through the large kitchen, nodding to Genevieve-the head chef- I headed out. But not before grabbing some food as a lame excuse of breakfast.

Following the scent, I saw Jesse and another boy-who is good looking might I add- fighting shirtless in the mud. The scent was coming from a group of unmated girls watching them shamelessly under the willow tree.

I approached the fighting pair and frowned, I can smell blood. But none of them are bleeding, but then it hit me. None of them are bleeding externally, so I reached a hand out and grabbed Jesse but his arm just as he was about to punch him. Jesse's head whipped to the side, I noticed his normal lit hazel eyes were dilated and dark brown, swirling with anger. I sighed, noticing the other boy was still rushing forward; his eyes darker and were so dilated, his eyes appeared black entirely.

Jesse struggled on my grip, he ripped his hand away and was going to continue to fight, but I step in again and gripped his arm at the nape and pressure pointed him, losing feeling below the elbow. I turned to the other boy, and sidestepped him as he charged and in one swift movement. I grabbed his hands and twisted it behind his back, the oldest trick in the book.

Splashing some mud on his face, the boy's eyes slowly turned back to a deep emerald green. Giving his a gentile slap in the face for assurance, I let him go.

"Stay." I instructed, as I heard Jesse's growl. Turning to Jesse once again, he was on the verge of changing.

"Can someone bring a bucket of water? Make it really cold." I called out, as most of the pack members came out to watch. They can feel it in the pack link, their leaders anger. Probably waking up to it anyways, its around 8 now.