Chapter Nine

Sacrifice: Chapter Nine

'"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." ~Marilyn Monroe

So I may or may not be crazy.

Laying on my stomach in the library-alone, might I add-surrounded by dozens of books, papers and empty bottles of Gatorade.

Yes, Gatorade.

I'm not a coffee person, for some unknown reason, I fall asleep faster drinking it then not. Odd, I know. Sugar keeps me going, therefore explaining the empty bottles around me.

I stifled a yawn as I flipped mindlessly through the worn out notebook once again, trying to think of a way to unlock something in that damn book. A clue! Anything really, to tell me that my insane intuition is not insane after all.

I rolled onto my back as a breeze fluttered through the library, breathing in the damp air of the night, I sat up. The small breeze had picked up some of the my note papers, sending them into the air.

It has been hours since I was excused for school. Well, that was the excuse I used on Alpha Gould as he came in here earlier to check on some references. He was suspicious no doubt, but left me alone nonetheless.

The sky outside has long passed the setting of the sun, it was dark and damp, there was light rain earlier in the evening. Giving the woods a nice welcoming, woodsy scent that drove me crazy.

Remember when I said our wolves are us, and every need is like our own; us wanting to eat for example.

You just know.

A sharp pain on my hand caught my attention as I gathered the fallen pieces of paper. As I inspected it , it was a rather large paper cut. Oozing blood, I quickly put it in my mouth, but not before a drop of blood landed on my fingers. Licking my finger as it healed up nicely, I picked up the rest of the papers and sat down in a heap in the middle of the books.

As I flipped through the notebook of Prince Usialau of Polastsk once again, as the lost dozen pages or so were blank. A smudge of red caught on the pages, I caught my sleeve to try and rub it. But as quickly as it appeared, it was gone, almost into the paper. Just as I was leaning in, inspecting closer, the door flew open and some guy from our pack ran in.

Kay, there are a lot of people in the pack. For your information, I do not happen to know 98% of them.

I cursed and shoved the notebook under my leather jacket that was lying nearby and flipped open a random book that was nearby. Pretending to read as he came closer.

"Uh, Waverley?" he asked shyly, I looked up. Nice looking kid, I snorted, then again; then are wolves not good looking.

Screw good genes.

"Yeah. What do you want?" I asked, a bit harsher then expected. Ah well, I'm not exactly a nice person either. People shouldn't expect me to, after all, 'member the incident with Maya and her brother?

"Al-alpha G-Gould wants to see y-you." he managed to stutter out.

"What's your name, kid?"

"G-George...Ma'am."

I chuckled, probably seemingly crazy because George visibly cringed at the sudden sound. "Kid, I'm 18 not 80. How old are you?"

"14." he answered, somewhat more confidant then before.

"Cool. So tell you what. Run along and tell Mister Alpha that I'll be there in 5, and make sure you call him Mister Alpha. Kay kid?" I stood up and brushed off some dirt, making my way towards George.