NINE

"JACK!" Madison yelled waking me up. I was laying down on the floor when I felt an arm around my waist. It was Gilinsky's. I tried slipping out of his grasp, but he pulled me closer, tightening his grip. I forcefully got out his grip, making his wake up.

"What?" he asked annoyed, sitting up and rubbing his eyes. Did I mention he was shirtless?

"Why are you sleeping with . . . her," Madison said in disgust.

"It was on accident. Calm down; I thought it was you," he said, laying back down.

"You never cuddle with me. You hate cuddling," Madison said with her hands on her hips.

"I think I should go," I said getting up awkwardly. Surprisingly, no one was in the room. Maybe they went out to eat. Gilinsky called after me, but I just ignored him and kept walking to my room. I was about to open my door when Gilinsky stopped me by grabbing my wrist and turning me around.

"Let's go out tonight," he said, making it sound more of a statement than a question . . . did I mention he was shirtless?

"Can't," I said rather quickly. I turned around and tried to open the door, but he grabbed my wrist and turned me around again.

"Why?" he didn't want to show the disappointment on his face, but I noticed.

"I don't want to mess up your relationship with Madison. I don't think you've noticed, but she doesn't like me very much," I said sarcastically.

"Haha very funny," he said in an unenthusiastic voice. "Come on, who cares about Madison we're just friends, aren't we?"

"Yeah, we're just friends, but Madison doesn't like us hanging out together."

"It won't hurt her," he said with that smile of his that could kill.

"Yeah. Okay. I'll see you later." I finally said, escaping his grip on my wrist and opening the door. Before closing the door I took one last peek at him. He was so beautiful with his messy hair and to-die-for smile. He was wearing grey sweats . . . and did I mention he was shirtless?

*******

"He what?!" Cristin lightly yelled in confusion. All the girls were in the room minus Madison, of course.

"He asked her to go out tonight," Analicia stated in a condescending tone; as if she were saying "duh."

"I know he did, but he's dating Madison, my best friend," Cristin said angrily.

"Calm down. Vicky is going out on a platonic date with the guy of her dreams. Let her have fun," Anna stated rather calmly. I thought she would've been on Cristin's side.

"Agreed," Analicia nodded.

"It's not even a date. Can you calm down Cristin? We're just friends going out to eat. That's it," I said getting up to get ready. Jack came over earlier to discuss the plans for tonight. Since it clearly wasn't a date, I decided we should go to Wing Stop. He put up a fight, but I obviously won.

"So you're just going to steal her boyfriend?!" Cristin got up and followed me.

"You know what? You have no right coming up to my face and talk about 'stealing boyfriends,' because you know that that's not me and you know I wouldn't want anyone going through what I went through. Okay! Can you just leave me alone?"

"I do have a right. This is my best friend we're talking about!"

"You just met her like a week ago! You've known me your whole life and you didn't care when you had sex with Paul!" I said getting louder with every word that came out of my mouth. "I'm done with this bullshit. I'm leaving."