Night 4 (Working)

J'ai adoré écrire ce chapitre!

I own nothing!

Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|Midnight|

Haruhi sighed as she laid back on her bed. She'd called the manager earlier in the day and politely asked (read: demanded) that the band members were kept away from her home, Haruhi had also informed him that she was practically back to full health and could return to work the next night if needed. The band's manager had assured her that since she'd been sick for most of the week she could just have the next few nights off. So all in all Haruhi was in a great mood.

With a content smile, she settled into bed and got ready for sleep.

||1 a.m.||

Kyoya was working solo tonight. The others had been given a series of demands from their manager to not bother Haruhi for a few nights so that she could focus on getting better, even Tamaki was on it, even though he had yet to do so.

And yet not a single command had been given to Kyoya. Smart.

It wasn't difficult for him to sneak out, and since he had his laptop with him, Kyoya planned on finding out why their manager was so intent that they do not bother Haruhi.

He was going to find out why, one way or the other.

|||2 a.m.|||

Haruhi's eyes opened with a glare. There was a noise coming from her living room. It sounded like a high-pitched insistent whining that wouldn't shut up!

As it turned out, it was her phone trying to tell her that she had a voicemail. With a glare, Haruhi all but punched the button that would send allow her to hear the missed call.

"Um, hello? Hello? Hello? OH! Haruhi, I just thought that you'd like to know that all five band members are accounted for and in their rooms, you should have a peaceful night tonight. Uh, goodbye."

The answering machine's robotic voice asked if she would like to hear the message again and Haruhi hung up the phone to silence it.

Then she headed back to bed. It was way too early for this.

||||3 a.m.||||

Kyoya, who'd been listening to the voicemail, shook his head at the man's nervousness. Instead of dwelling on how their manager needed to grow a backbone, Kyoya focused on hacking into Haruhi's landline.

It took him a little longer than he'd thought it would, but Kyoya always did love a challenge.

Finally, he had the last conversation that the machine had recorded. It was from Haruhi to the band's manager.

|||||4 a.m.|||||

Kyoya licked his lips and pressed play.

"Haruhi?"

"Yes."

"Why are you calling?"

"I thought I'd call and tell you that I'm feeling much better and can come back to work tomorrow night if you need."

"No that won't be necessary. You've already missed most of the week so just think of this as your week off."

"Thanks! Also, I was wondering if you could help me with something?"

"How can I help you?"

There was a pause as Haruhi took a deep breath.

"Well, for starters... YOU CAN KEEP THOSE IDIOT BOYS OUT OF MY APARTMENT TONIGHT SO THAT I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THEM BREAKING IN AND MESSING IT UP EVERY SINGLE NIGHT!"

"W-well yes I-I can see h-how that w-would b-be a b-bother."

"YOU THINK!? IV'E WOKEN UP EVERY MORNING TO OBVIOUS SIGNS OF MY HOME BEING BROKEN INTO AND MESSED WITH!"

"B-but you have t-to u-under st-stand! They a-are very difficult to k-keep track of!"

Here Haruhi's voice dropped from eardrum bursting levels to deadly quiet.

"Listen here. If they show up tonight, and I find out about it. I can not guarantee that they will all come back in one piece. Do you understand me."

The manager gulped.

"Yes, ma'am."

"Good."

||||||5 a.m.||||||

Kyoya didn't know what had startled him more about the call, the fact that their manager had been intimidated by a girl easily half his size, or the fact that he was intimidated by her.

At least now he understood why their manager was so strict about staying away. Kyoya honestly hadn't expected Haruhi to have that kind of lung power. Knowing that he now had enough information, Kyoya quickly left his hiding spot, not wanting to chance anyone that might know Haruhi, to tell her that he'd been there.

Not after that.

|||||||6 a.m|||||||

Haruhi stretched as she woke up from the best sleep she'd had in a while. And it was made even better knowing that her apartment would be in the exact same condition as it had been the night before.

In fact, she was in such a good mood that she decided to go out and have a coffee at the coffee shop she used to work at.

As she got dressed, Haruhi smiled. It was going to be a good day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really did have a lot of fun writing this!

Please comment what you thought!

See ya next time!