Trust Is Clear Like Diamond and Glass

Once everything had calmed down, Dave and Karkat joined the others on the couch, where they were just starting Con-Air. Karkat had never seen it and Dave was forced to sit through the whole thing, for John, twice before. Needless to say, he thinks this movie in incredibly dumb, and after the first 10 minutes, Karkat agrees. He is, however, interested by the cool effects, as shitty as they may be.

   Since the couch was only a three seater, Vriska took over her human's lap while Karkat snuggled closely to Dave, who was constantly being nudged by the Vriska's icy cold feet. Deciding that the cuddly troll pressed against his whole right side was more interesting than Cage's God awful acting, he pulled him closer slightly. There was no way nubs didn't notice, but he had no reaction, or at least not the one Dave's hoping for. He suddenly grabbed the trolls short legs and draped them over his own, which got him a surprised squeak and a curious glance. Dave only give him an innocent smile that he knows for sure is far from. Deciding to play his game, he wraps his arm around Dave's waist and puts his head on his chest, making occasional chirping sounds.

That's adorable. Dave took his free hand, the one Karkat wasn't holding, and ran it through his choppy, thick hair, which was much softer than it looked. He carefully avoided the horns, though. Last time he touched them Karkat flinched and started shaking as he pushed the bad memories away. He needed a lot of time to heal. Luckily, time is sort of Dave's thing (not that he knows that). Karkat needed a miracle, and who else is better suited to give him one than a Time-bound?

  Karkat still didn't know what Dave was playing at. The first few days and he could already tell his human was touch deprived. Very touch deprived. This was definitely something Karkat could relate to, since the only touches he's ever know being filthy or painful. Or both. He could hear the edges of a purr coming, but he suppressed them so John and Vriska wouldn't hear. Though, he could help the occasional low chirps. He snuck a glance over at spider troll and Egbert: they were practically gushing over the bunny scene. Gog damn it. Then he felt his blond human rest his chin between his horns. Without his consent, a light purr ripped through his chest and out his slightly parted lips, earning him a snarky wink from the blue blood.

   Dave heard the familiar rumble and felt his heart clench with adoration. Karkat was way to cute for his own good. He chuckled, the laugh vibrating into the skull still pressed to his neck. Karkat started purring harder. Suddenly, Vriska turned away from the screen with a smirk plastered on her face, showing of her deadly fangs.

   "You knoooooooow," she started. "Trolls only purr when they feel safe and looooooooved, isn't that right Karkit?" He felt his face burst into flames. Feeling bitter hatred build up inside him, he pulled his legs off the couch and leaned over Dave to get in her face.

   "First off, my name is Karkat, you ignorant spider bitch who can't lay off the assfucks long enough to get her head out of her nook! Second, purring can also come from cuddling your Moirail, which is vey much a platonic Quadrant! So you can shut your gog damned mouth right the fuck now before I-"

   "Hey now," John said, not liking the tone nor words Karkat was using.

   "No John, I want to hear what this mutant has to say to a blue blood!" She sneered. If Karkat was a sea dweller, his ear fins would have flared out. Instead, his grey eyes blazed with red fury.

   "Don't go talking like your any better than me! Maybe on Alternia you were something special, but here on earth, everyone is the damn same; fucking nothing! We're nothing! Slaves, pets, sex toys! We're just the whores that dirty human shoes as they step all over us! And nothing will ever change that! Not John, or Dave or anyone," he screamed at her. Then he backed off, voice quieter but even more venomous, "so don't fucking go around thinking you've got it better than I do, just cause you're gog damned price tag was higher."