What More Could Possibly Be Taken?

tentacleTherapist (TT) began pestering turntechGodhead (TG) at 14:10–
TT: Dave.
TG: sup Rose?
TT: Kanaya is very worried about Karkat's wellbeing.
TT: He hasn't answered her texts in nearly three weeks with no warning.
TT: What is going on?

Dave scowled, of course she had to pry into his life like this. Kanaya probably hasn't said a thing. Still, it's not like he had a choice but to tell her.

TG: Karkat was put into a troll pound
TG: its like a dog pound except for trolls
TG: you can go see them playing outside and beg your mommy to let you keep one
TG: promise to take care of it and love it, feed it every day, clean up its poop
TT: Dave.
TG: Not that you need to clean up troll shit
TG: At least I hope not
TG: I never had to do any of that
TT: I know what a troll pound is.
TG: what?
TT: You're stalling.
TG: fine
TG: you got me
TG: I should have known I couldnt hide anything from you
TT: Dave this is serious.
TG: hey you know me
TG: Mr Serious reporting for duty
TT: You know what?
TT: This conversation is going nowhere.
TT: Either tell me why Karkat was taken or I will show up at your apartment and let Kanaya figure it out herself.
TG: ...
TG: He was sold to me illegally and my bro made me give him back.
TT: Oh my...I was not expecting that.
TT: Why?
TG: That's none of your business
TT: It is. Kanaya and Karkat are very close and she is worried about him.
TT: I'm also worried about you Dave.
TT: John, Jade and I have not heard from you since Karkat disappeared.
TG: If you were so worried, why didn't any of you try to message me?
TT: Dave.
TG: That's my name
TT: All three of us left multiple messages and John even tried to call your phone.
TT: You would just open them and never respond.
TG: ...
TG: That can't be right
TT: I wouldn't lie to you.
TG: ...
TG: Sorry Rose
—turntechGodhead (TG) ceased pestering tentacleTherapist (TT) at 14:19–

Rose's eyes widened as the chat disappeared, revealing her background. What a beautiful looking lady, she would have thought if her friend hadn't just so rudely left the conversation.

"What's the matter, Rose," Kanaya asked upon seeing her matesprit's expression. She has two cups of tea in her hand, offering one.

"Thank you," she said, taking a sip and humming. "I spoke to Dave."

"And?"

"Karkat was taken to a troll pound because he was bought illegally. That's all Dave would tell me."

Kanaya frowned. "Can he not re-adopt him?"

"I believe that isn't allowed, otherwise he would have already done so. They have laws like that in place so abused trolls aren't taken again by the same owners."

"Was Karkat..." She couldn't say it.

Rose shook her head. "Dave could never bring himself to harm him. I'm sure of it."

"Rose, is there anything we can do?"

"No Kanaya, I'm sorry. This is out of our hands. There are already two trolls in the house, I don't think mother would let us take in one more."

Kanaya scowled, Feferi was, nice...but she is awfully immature and not very good at her job, which would be keeping the house clean. She was also saved from an abusive owner, but that was hardly uncommon. "I understand." Kanaya stood up and walked to the observatory, an isolated place she goes to think. Everyone else knew better than to follow her.