Self Destruct Buttons Are For Robots

Dave sat in the front seat while the two trolls did their best to make themselves comfortable. Though, how comfy can you get with a dying body lying across your lap?

  Eridan glanced over at his new and only quadrant: he was unconscious again. Karkat was barely awake, but enough to fill the car with soft sobs and the occasional gurgling noise. His lungs must be filled with blood. Gently, he pushed the untamed hair from Karkat's eyes and rested his cool hand there, hoping to relieve the slight fever. He really hopes Karkat is ok.

  Dirk itched his nose, the trolls in the back were making the whole car smell like blood and sweat. He opened the window and felt the cool wind fill the car in seconds. That's better. He glanced at Dave, who was just staring at his hands. He knew he should say something, anything, to relieve he tension, but what could he possibly say? 'Hey sorry about your troll, we can always buy another one'? Yeah, that would work.

  "Oh my God you're going to kill us all!" Dave shrieked as he swerved around an old woman crossing the road.

  "Relax Dave, you want Karkat to live or not?" He snapped back.

  Dave glanced up, eyes watering, before turning to look out the window. He can't let Dirk see him crying.

  Way to go, genius, Dirk thought to himself.

  Karkat's head hit the back of Dave's chair when the car violently stopped right in front of the emergency entrance to the hospital. The... regular, human hospital...Dave only thought about it for a second. He doesn't care who helps Karkat, a long as he doesn't die.

  Dave quickly hopped out and helped Eridan take both Karkat and Sollux out. Dirk looked at his brother's bare feet and sighed, taking Karkat from his arms and slinging him over his shoulder.

  "Careful!" Dave yelled.

  Thick, red blood started dripping from his mouth onto the pavement. Eridan gagged at the sweet smell.

  "Can I get some help here?" He asked, holding both of Sollux's wrists up; who's head just laid limp on his shoulder. Dave nodded, picking him up by the knees and following Dirk inside.

  He kicked the door open and walked straight past the receptionist, past the emergency room, maternity rooms... to the operation room? Dave was suddenly very confused, why the hell are we going to the operation room?

  "Look bro, just 'cause you watch Grey's Anatomy, doesn't mean you're a surgeon."

  Dirk chuckled, "calm down, Dave. We're just here to ask a friend of mine for a favour."

  "A friend? This isn't the time for a fucking party! Karkat-"

  "There she is, just the person we need," he said, head peeking through the double doors. The doctors looked up, startled, while a woman rushed out and slammed the door shut behind her. Her bloody gloves were taken off and tossed in the trash. She had blond, wavy hair and- wait. Is that?

  "Dirk? What are you doing here," Roxy whispered angrily. This little visit could cost her her job.

  "Isn't this Rose's Mom?" Dave let go of the troll's legs and stepped forward. Sollux's legs plopped down on the marble floor, taking Eridan down with him.

  "Ignore him, I need a favour," Dirk said, pushing him back.

  Roxy crossed her arms, "what do you need Strider?"

  He knelt down and laid Karkat next to Sollux, rolling his shoulder. Little shit was a lot heavier than he looked. Dirk was suddenly impressed that Dave had carried his dead weight through the entire forest.