2

Nikolai heads to the kitchen as Natalia heads to her room and then the bathroom. He finds the tea kettle and fills it with water. After he sets it on the stove to heat does he turn his attention to the other vampire in the apartment.

"She give you any problems?" Nikolai demands.

"Oh please, Nikolai. Samantha likes me. She always has, me being a vampire hasn't changed that any." Sebastian blows off the concern like it was nothing. It really is. Sebastian wouldn't have had any trouble with her even if Samantha absolutely hated him.

"Where is she?" Nikolai demands. Samantha is more than just Natalia's best friend. He was friends and lover with her before he met Natalia.

"She's sleeping on the couch." Sebastian gestures over to the furniture in question and Nikolai can now see her peacefully sleeping on the sofa.

"You put her to sleep?" Nikolai asks more than a little amused.

Sebastian looks at Nikolai somberly, "I didn't want to say more than you want her to know. She doesn't need to have her memories wiped again. Once does no harm, but multiple times..."

"Thank you. I'll be telling them both everything. You heard father, I have to mark them. I always intended to mark Natalia as my mate, but I had no wish to take Samantha as a pet. I don't think either will be happy about it."

Sebastian looks at him in commiseration, "Perhaps not, but it will be better than the other. Will Natalia accept sharing you?"

"I don't know, we haven't even talked about having sex yet. She's so damned innocent. How the hell that happened with her family the way they were blows me away." Nikolai says agitation obvious only to those that know him well.

"Anyway, this is my mess, you don't have to stick around if you don't want to. You might as well wake sleeping beauty before you leave." Nikolai says absently.

Sebastian laughs, "I can stay and help you out if you wish."

"How, by making Samantha your pet? Not going to happen, she's under my protection and has been for years." Nikolai bristles, he cares almost as much for Samantha as he does Natalia.

"I know," Sebastian holds his hands out in peace, "she may not be marked, but she's yours. I don't take what isn't free for the taking you know that."

Nikolai doesn't speak he just turns his attention to the kitchen and the tea kettle that's shrilling that the water is ready. He pours the water into the tea pot and takes the tray into the living room. He sets the tray onto the coffee table  as Sebastian goes over to the couch.

Sebastian looks over to Nikolai, "Lad what will your father demand for your payment?"

Nikolai sighs and shrugs his shoulders, "I don't know. I'll find out tomorrow when I go in for my own punishment."

"You'll have to make a payment and be punished for protecting us?" Natalia demands coming into the room.

Nikolai ignores the question and hands her a cup of tea. "Sebastian will you wake Samantha now, please." He guides Natalia to a chair. He sits down and then pulls her on top of him.

"Hey, love, time to wake now." Sebastian says to the slumbering woman. Her eyes open but they remain blank. Slowly life comes back into them. Sebastian smiles and gives her a kiss on the cheek. 

"Sebastian?" Samantha asks questioningly.

"Sebastian, are you a vampire too?" Samantha asks not fully able to hide her fear.

"Yeah, is that a problem?" Sebastian says after looking at Nikolai for permission. He runs his finger over her cheek gently caressing it.

"No, I just never knew vampires were real." There is very little fear in her voice.

Sebastian smiles and Samantha returns it. "Nikolai and Natalia are here now. He wants to speak with you both." Sebastian stands up straight once more.  He turns to Nikolai, "Call me if you need me."

"I will." Nikolai says as Sebastian walks out of the room and out the door. At his leaving silence descends upon the room.

"Samantha, have some tea if you want." Nikolai breaks the silence. He can see that both the girls have questions.

Once Samantha has her own tea and is sitting comfortably on the couch Nikolai begins. "As you both found out tonight, vampires are real. We live within strict rules to keep our secret hidden. Those that can control themselves are allowed to mix and mingle with humans regularly."

"Like you?" Natalia interrupts.

"Yes, exactly like me. We can pass for humans. We can control ourselves to the point that being around humans doesn't make us mad for blood.  But many if not most can't control themselves to that point and so they are relegated to going to the clubs for food.

"The two that had you this night were hunting without permission. They went outside of the permitted boundaries. The area where you were is strictly off limits to hunting. " Nikolai hesitates before he continues on.

The girls sip at their tea as they wait for him to continue. Knowing that he is a vampire makes them less sure about how to treat him. They patiently look at Nikolai waiting for him to continue.

"The mafia is comprised of vampires. At least the one here is, we are known as the Rose Mafia." Nikolai shows his tattoo of the two roses their stems connected. "When a person, usually a vampire joins, a rose is tattooed on his body somewhere. The higher up the ranks the more intricate the design becomes. My father, Ivan,  is the boss, but most of the vampire's owe me allegiance rather than him. Our tattoo looks the same.

"I am the underboss or second in command

"I am the underboss or second in command. Sebastian is just under me, although his tattoo isn't quite finished. The ones that attacked you are just soldiers, their tattoos are little more than connected roses." Nikolai looks between the two girls. 

Natalia traces his tattoo with her finger. "It's beautiful, Nikolai. Beautiful, but with a touch of danger to it, much like you."

Nikolai likes her tracing the tattoo far too much. There are things that need to be discussed and things they need to do or choose from before this night is over.

"Maybe it will be better if you just ask me your questions. I might not answer them, but I'll do my best to do so."