24

The vampires slowly fill the large room. Knowing that this is a vampire court case they are surprised to notice the new pets being there as well. The hunter pets are held off to the side of the thrones where they would have a front row seat, as it were.

The hunters stand a part from each group. Nikolai's pets stand near to Natalia's but they are the closest together, not even Samantha's and Sebastian's pets stand that close together. There is no denying to the vampires that these pets are considered pampered though. 

The vampires look at the costly clothes and jewelry that each of Natalia's and Nikolai's pets wear and none dare to even think about requesting time with them.

Sebastian and Samantha's pets fare nearly as well as Nikolai and Natalia's pets.

As Nikolai and Natalia come into the room the pets perk up and move to go to them. 

Nikolai and Natalia turn to them and smile at them. They head over to them and give each of them a caress before returning to the thrones. They sit in the lower two set in front of the third larger throne.

Ivan comes in escorting in his new pet as well. She too is dressed highly and wears a very expensive necklace. Ivan whispers in her ear and she heads over to Natalia's pets. She is welcomed by one of her sisters and held tightly to her.

Ivan ascends to his throne. "Bring her in. Court has begun."

Sebastian takes a stance at Nikolai's side and his face is absolutely blank. The doors are opened once more and Rosalie is brought in chained by special manacles that negate any powers that she has.

She is brought before the king and her father, brother and step mother.

"Nikolai, you are the one that called this court. Take control." Ivan demands, not even he knows the reason for this court.

"Yes, sire." Nikolai stands and bows to his father. He turns to his daughter. He'd always loved Rosalie, she reminds him of his long lost human daughter that he never got to meet just watch from a distance. But now looking at Rosalie all he can feel is anger and hatred he's never felt before.

"Rosalie, state the reason you are being brought before the courts this day." His order is so powerful that there would be no way she could resist it. 

Rosalie feels the eyes of the entire court on her, waiting for her response. "I talked to the witches to make the deal with the hunters to attack my prince's mate and mistress."

Her words make the court erupt in anger. Even the hunter pets off to the side talk to themselves, they dare not even talk to each other though.

"To what end?" Nikolai demands after ordering quiet to fall.

"To make my way clear to the throne."

Nikolai sneers at her, "What makes you think that you would ascend to the throne?"

"By being with your child I would then have you. You would then have me ascend at your side."

"We'll go back to that in a moment, but first what makes you think that you would carry my child?" Nikolai demands letting his anger show.

"I have been telling you for years that I've wanted a child. You've known and have sympathized. You had promised that by this date if I wasn't pregnant or haven't had a child that you would reward me with one. I told you that I haven't found my mate. It threw the plans a bit when you said that Zarin would father my child. I must say that I was tempted. The child would be very powerful, but your child would give me more legitimacy for the throne.

"I hadn't realized that you had formed such strong bond to your mate and mistress that they would survive the change. They weren't supposed to do so." The outrage at her words is such that not even Nikolai's angry shout is able to stop the vampires from talking.

Nikolai allows for the noise to continue for some time before he once more takes control of the meeting. He waits like a hunter about to attack its prey. "Have you found your mate, Little Rosalie?"

"Yes."

"Tell me, why have you not introduced me to him?"

"He is a low level vampire."

"It wouldn't have mattered to me. He is your mate, I would have been happy for you." Nikolai allows the hurt and pain to come out. 

Rosalie stays silent. She has nothing to say about this.

"What is the name of your mate, Rosalie?" This time she can't resist her father's order. 

"Mathew Greyson." The words are pulled out of her mouth.

"Why are you so reluctant to answer my question little Rose?" His term of endearment for her makes her to flinch.

She can't look her father in his eyes as the words are forced out of her. "Mathew came up with the idea of me ascending the throne. I resisted him at first, but finally he convinced me."

"Tell me the truth."

Rosalie now returns her gaze back to her father's eyes. "I was to ascend with you and then at an appropriate time kill you. I was to take full control of the vampire's. After you, the vampire's know me. They aren't bonded to me, but I'm strong enough that they would have."

"You would never have been able to kill me, little one." Nikolai leans forward, "I would have to let myself be vulnerable to you long enough. Had you succeeded in having my mate killed I wouldn't have allowed anyone close enough. The death of a mate is destructive, soul destroying.

"You, Sebastian you are the next oldest vampire's after Ivan and myself. You don't know what I was like before. What I did before is nothing to like what would have happened had your little plan worked. You should be very thankful that you didn't succeed."

Rosalie looks at him with true fear for the first time. "Why do you say that?"

Nikolai turns from Rosalie and calls for Zarin to come forth.

Zarin steps up, "Why don't you show the court what I was like before, when I was on my destructive streak?"

"As you wish," Zarin bows. He mutters words that even with her new hearing capabilities Natalia can't make out.

Nikolai returns to his seat and takes her hand. "You won't understand it, it's the magic language. Only the top adepts are able to do spells with out components. What you'll see are memories. They did happen, but they cannot effect you now."

"I understand." Natalia manages to say before the room turns dark and a scene that took place eight hundred years ago forms.