7

Nikolai leaves the study and finds the two vampires patiently waiting for their turn to be punished. "Come you two, Ivan decided to let me administer your punishment." Nikolai enjoys the horror that suffuses their faces. He isn't known to be merciful to those that he punishes.

The two reluctantly follow Nikolai as they head to the basement, where they have their punishment room set up.

"Dmitri, go to the pillory." Without hesitation Dmitri heads to the pillory and holds onto the ropes that are placed there. He flinches a bit when Nikolai rips his shirt off knowing what's coming.

Nikolai gets out the whip and gives it an experimental flick. In a normal conversational tone, "Why'd you go out hunting without permission?"

He flicks the whip and Dmitri screams before he can even answer. Two more quick flicks. The minimum is ten lashings. Dmitri has no doubt that Nikolai means to give him even more.

"The donors at the clubs didn't satisfy." He manages to get out after Nikolai pauses.

"I see. Yet you not only went out hunting without permission, you left the boundaries." A few more flicks. Fifteen lashes in all.

"Time for Makarov," Nikolai says impatiently. He also notices that Dmitri hadn't really started healing.

This time he's faster, Dmitri will be bleeding too much to take the time he wants.

"When was the last time you two ate?" Nikolai demands disgusted that they are in the shape they are in. 

"Almost a week now." Makarov finally is able to answer through his pain. "When the flavor of the donors wouldn't satisfy we couldn't eat anymore."

Nikolai hisses, "You fools. You are dangerously close to losing control. You could have exposed us all to the humans. Instead you singled out my mate and my mistress. You are just damn lucky I got there before you did anything to them."

They both stare at him wide eyed, their fear overpowering their pain. "Your mate?" The mistress was of lesser importance.

Nikolai takes out his phone. "I need two of the rejects brought to the estate. One is for Dmitri and one is for Makarov. They'll pay Ivan directly." Nikolai ends the call and turns his attention back to the vampires in front of him.

"You'll have to settle with Ivan on the price. The longer you wait the more expensive it will be. If I have to talk to him the price will be your skins, do you understand?" The two vampires nod their heads rapidly, no longer able to speak. They feel fortunate that Nikolai didn't kill them both for attacking his mate.

"The two being delivered are yours to do with as you wish. You can make one meal out of them or make them pets. With how expensive they'll be I'd suggest making them pets," Nikolai shrugs once more, "but it's up to you. Go get cleaned up. You'll likely need to eat from one of the donors here at the house, Do not kill them. Father will get a might upset if you do that without his permission."

"Yes, Nikolai. Thank you." The two manage to say in unison.

Nikolai gives them both an irritated look and leaves. If he hurries he'll be able to do the shopping he wants before he's to meet with his ladies.

Nikolai comes up to the restaurant where he's to meet Natalia and Samantha. They are just getting there as well. Nikolai gives them both a kiss before opening the door for them both.

The three are seated and given menus. The hostess takes their drink orders and leaves.

"How did it go, Nikolai?" Natalia asks biting her bottom lip. She hopes that his father didn't do too much to him.