19

"Nikolai, some of the females have requested a chance to talk to you." One of the vampires says after knocking softly at the princess's door.

Nikolai turns from his watch over Natalia to look at Dmitri. "Did they say why?"

"It has something to do with their unborn children I think." Dmitri shrugs.

Nikolai sighs, "Take them to the study. They've been showered and fed?"

"Yes, my prince." Dmitri responds. Nikolai still hasn't covered his power demanding respect of the vampires that come near him.

"I'll be back my love." Nikolai had already marked his newest pets. The males weren't happy, but the females were.

Entering the room all the women kneel before him. Only then does he realize that he hasn't pulled back his power any. He does so now. "What can I do for you ladies?"

"We would like for you to abort the children we carry." One of the women says speaking for all five of them.

Nikolai looks at them with one eyebrow raised. He hadn't expected that. "You are wanting to breed with vampires that quickly then?"

"Better than carry the child of rape to term." Another of the women says bitterly.

Nikolai leans forward, "Is that how you all look at it?"

"It is how it is. We did not consent and were forced until we became pregnant." A third woman speaks.

"All of you were forced by your father?"

"No, most of us yes, but some were forced by other hunter leaders."

Nikolai leans on his arms and thinks about their request. "If the child is not healthy I will abort it. If it is I will cause you to forget about the conception and all nights preceding it."

Some of the women start crying at his words. "You will be bred, your blood is far too alluring to miss out on this opportunity. The children you carry now will be removed from you at birth and you will have no contact with it other than casual passing if that."

"Thank you master," the spokesman says. Really it's more than they had hoped for.

"Master?" Nikolai turns his attention from the female in front of him to the one that spoke.

"Yes?"

"When we are bred, will we be forced?" The female asking is around the same age as the one Ivan had chosen.

"There is no forcing when you are paired with a vampire. To a certain extent you will be allowed to choose your choice with a male hunter. But like animals we will be choosing those candidates that will give the healthiest of children."

The girl looks down with tears in her eyes. "Come here, child." Nikolai orders her to stand in front of him. He frowns, she will die if she gives birth.

"Look at me, child." Nikolai puts her to sleep. Then he aborts her child. 

"What the hell was your leader thinking?"

"He was wanting the largest family so that he might become the strongest and most powerful. He was contacted by someone to kill the humans and not touch the vampires at the ceremony today." The oldest of the females responds even though it was a rhetorical question.

"He was contracted to kill the humans and not vampires?" Nikolai demands even as he aborts the child.

"Yes," the woman replies terrified of the vampire in front of her.

"He was willing to murder a fellow human?"

"Not all the family was happy about it. Most of us were against it, but he forced us all to go along and well you know how well that turned out." A female that hadn't spoken until then replies.

Nikolai wakes the young girl up and has her go over to the couches to rest. 

"Come." Nikolai demands of the last female to speak. She goes before him. He looks at her, "You are within days of delivery, I cannot abort this child, I will, however, deliver it." Nikolai looks at the spokesman and orders them to get a vampire.

Shortly both the huntress and vampire return. "Get me the witch."

"Yes, prince." The vampire turns and leaves searching for Alexandria.

"Look at me," Nikolai demands of the girl. "Once the child is born the manner of its conception will be erased from your memory. You feed it of your milk for one week before it will be taken to be raised by my pets."

"Yes, master," the girl responds. Her body preparing for the birth at Nikolai's command.

Alexandria comes in, "Nikolai how might I serve?"

"She will be giving birth, I will need you to be the midwife. Should I remain I'm not sure that I will be able to remain in control. There will be too much blood." Nikolai hates to admit to the weakness. There are very few vampires that can remain near a human that gives birth and remain in control. Nikolai has only found four of them in all the years he's been alive.

Soon the girl starts her contractions. The other females do the best they can to help her, but at this point there is very little that they can do.

Nikolai slips out of the room and returns to Natalia's room. Her blood soaked wedding dress had been removed and instead she wears a blood red velvet floor length gown. The style reminiscent of the middle ages in Europe. Her simple diamond choker changed to a magnificent diamond collar.

Seeing his mate so still and white makes it hard for Nikolai to keep his self control.

He decides to terrorize the man that caused all this to begin with. He gets up and leaves without looking back. If he had he would have seen Natalia move her fingers.

He enters the room where the men are kept and locks eyes with the man that dared to kill his mate.

"Come here," Nikolai purrs, but the command is iron hard. The man sneers even as his body moves in front of Nikolai.

"Tell me, who ordered you to kill my mate and mistress? What did they offer in return?"

The man tried, he really did, but he couldn't refuse Nikolai's demands for information. "A witch coven in Africa. They promised if we killed your mate that they would not only protect us, but would also give us magical help against vampires."

"This coven," Nikolai caresses the man's face, "Where in Africa is it located?"

"Egypt. Near the pyramids. They said that the resting place of the dead gave them power or some shit." The man manages to shut up after that.

Nikolai smiles dark and bitter. "That coven was destroyed last night for going dark. You made it so that I had to turn my mate years earlier than she wanted. I don't like breaking my promises to her. If she doesn't arise you will learn the meaning of pain and torture. I will take you to the brink of death and heal you just to start over again and again and again. Do you understand?"

The man looks at him fully terrorized. "Yes, master."

"The hunters are now the hunted. You have declared war on us and we are more than happy to comply. Before the year is out I doubt there will be any free born hunters left."

"Free born?" The man asks sickened.

Nikolai smiles so dark the man cowers from him.

"The women won't be sold, they will be bred and their children will be sold."

With those words the man's eyes show the true horror he feels.

"You should have thought of the consequences of your actions before you acted."