Go Where You Feel Most Alive

"Go where you feel most alive," they say. Your mind races to different places where you've always dreamt of going. Those places where you go when everything gets dark and dreary. The storm in your paradise washes away and what's left is the vibrant sunset glistening over the ocean. The only noise is the crashing waves as they slam into the shore. All you can feel is the coldness of the water splash against your skin as you make trails of footprints in the sand. You turn to me as you describe the most beautiful landscape and say, "Where do you feel most alive?" I think for a second, but it comes easily to me. I remain silent, hesitating because you will turn to me and shake your head, calling me cheesy. My heart aches, pounds against my chest when I am in your arms. When I am wrapped around your soft delicate skin, I feel protected and safe. Nothing can compare to the music that comes out of your mouth as you speak to me in that sweet, fragile tone. You are my paradise, the one I think about before I rest. I cannot sleep without pretending my soft confronter is your arms, holding me so tight. And I crave the feeling of your heartbeat against my cheek as I lay on your chest. When the night gets cold and I am only surrounded by darkness, I think of you and I am alive. "You are where I feel most alive," I answer, looking into your sparkling dark brown eyes. You laugh and do as I predicted, calling me cheesy and mushy. It is true and once my lips are pressed against yours and my fingers are tangled in your hair, you know it is too.