The Sea

You feel alone. You are stuck in a whirlpool full of emotions. The coldness brushes up your arm and you shiver in fright. You watch the sky fade into shades of gray. The waves that hit your skin make you weak, almost powerless. The bigger the waves, the harder it crashes into you. For a brief second, a wave knocks you over, causing you to sink deep into the ocean. It is so cold and dark. How did you fall so far down? You look up and the surface is nowhere in sight. The glistening of the sun has disappeared and all that surrounds you is pure silence. Do you see it? No? Because you are alone, surrounded by nothing. And you wiggle your hands back and forth, but nothing is working. You scream, and all the water fills up into your lungs before you can even think or stop. Now you are falling until your legs slam against the floor of the sea. You have become the anchor and now there is nothing you can do. So, you stay there, accepting the fact that you are stuck... trapped here. Suddenly, you feel warmth wrap against your skin. You feel yourself lift to the surface until your eyes flutter open and you are finally able to breathe. The sun behind the stormy clouds begins to get brighter, so blinding that you have to turn away. The whirlpool sits very still. You notice there is a shadow behind you. Someone is still grabbing your wrist, holding you through your worries. And you look back into their sparkling eyes that remind you of the reflection of the stars. Now you are not alone. They start pulling you to the shore, where you are safe from the vicious sea.