SEVENTEEN.

The weekend before Jamie's first 'kind-of' date with Cody, the 'Jody Stan's' groupchat arranged to meet up on the Tuesday. Luckily all of them lived on the West Coast or close enough to get to Los Angeles for Tuesday.

Everyone couldn't stop talking about it, they were all taking their significant other for the group date Jamie had planned.

There was also another reason they couldn't stop talking about it, it was the first time all of them would be meeting. Some of them had met separately but never had they all been in one place together.

Jamie was the first to arrive at the destination, they'd all agreed to meet at a small cafe by Venice Beach, then they'd spend the rest of the day at the beach.

A small part of her was more nervous about meeting her internet friends than seeing Cody again.

"Jamie?" A familiar male voice asked, it definitely wasn't Cody's but for some reason she was sure she'd heard it before.

When she turned around her eyes nearly burst out of their sockets as Tom Holland stood in front of her, a familiar girl stood next to him with her arm wrapped around his which quickly dropped as she ran to her friend.

"Alyssa! Oh my gosh!" Jamie squealed as she enveloped her friend in a hug, "this is so amazing!"

"It is!" Alyssa exclaimed, her lips permanently in a smile as she couldn't believe she was finally meeting her friend she'd known for years in person, "Sorry! This is Tom, obviously you know who he is, Tom this is Jamie..."

"It's nice to meet you, Tom." Jamie smiled, he held his hand out for a shake, but Jamie hugged him too.

"What's going on in here?" Another female voice asked.

Jamie looked toward the voice, three more couples seemed to have arrived together.

She couldn't believe her eyes as she ran towards them, she hugged Shams the tightest, "Shams!"

"Jamie!" Shams squeaked as she couldn't breathe from how tight the brunette was hugging her.

"Sorry, oh my- Emmy? Hannah? I can't believe you're all here! And you arrived at the same time?!" Jamie asked, hugging everyone tightly.

"We were all in the same area so we got an Uber together." Froy chuckled, wrapping an arm around Hannah's shoulders.

"Can you believe Frannah is real?" Shams squealed as she leaned against her boyfriend, Kj, and squeezed his hand tightly.

"What?" Froy asked, confused.

The others laughed before finding a table that would fit all of them.

Whilst they were waiting for others to show, the girls caught up as the guys talked about their lives and they even got sentimental about how much they loved their girlfriends.

One by one the others appeared, Lynny and Joe Sugg by her side, soon followed by Indiana and Thomas Sangster, then Destiny and Dylan Sprayberry.

For a moment Jamie wondered where Cody was until the door to the cafe opened yet again, revealing the boy in a leather jacket and tight black jeans. Her heart practically leaped out of her chest as she got up and rushed towards him, not thinking as the others watched her wrap her arms around him.

"You finally came." Jamie said softly, as Cody's muscular arms slowly wrapped around her waist.

"Sorry I'm so late, I was on the other side of the city and the traffic getting here was so slow." He apologised.

She slowly pulled away from him, everything seemed to have disappeared and it felt like it was just the two of them. Jamie didn't realise how close their faces were as they stared at each other, his ocean blue eyes locked on hers, until someone cleared their throat.

"Can we get this party started?" Kj asked in his alluring accent.

Shams elbowed him slightly, "don't disrupt Jody!" She whisper-yelled.

"Damn, alright." Kj replied, holding his hands up in defence.

Jamie and Cody joined the others, "guys- this is Cody... Cody, these are my friends."

Cody smiled as his eyes glanced at everyone, his eyes lingering on Froy and Dylan, "Froy, Dylan! You're here too?"

"Crazy, right?" Froy smiled.

"Right." Cody replied.

The extremely large group of new and old friends headed to the beach with drinks and food they brought from the cafe, along with huge blankets the others had bought along.

As they all walked to the beach, Cody reached for Jamie's hand and intertwined his fingers with hers.

She glanced down at their hands and smiled to herself, feeling butterflies form in her stomach at the simple contact.

Ahead of them the others all walked with their boyfriends, hand in hand or with their arms around each other.

For hours everyone talked and laughed on the beach, even wading into the sea and splashing each other. None of them had had this fun in a long time, and it was even better that they were all together.

Soon the sky began to fade to orange and pink, and the boys set up a fire where the group roasted marshmallows and made s'mores.

As the night went on the couples began to leave one by one, hugging Jamie goodbye.

Cody and Jamie were the last ones left on the beach, Jamie's head resting on his shoulder as they sat on the sand.

"This has been the best first date I've ever been on." Cody said softly.

"It has?" Jamie asked, looking up at him, observing the slight stubble running along his jaw as she stared at him.

"Yes, I'm so glad I got to meet your friends, and even see some familiar faces. It's crazy what a small world this is." Cody said.

"It is... I'm glad you came." Jamie said, her pale, pink lips curling into a smile.

"Me too." Cody replied, his baby, blue eyes shining under the rising moonlight. Cody stood up and held out his hand, "walk with me?"

Jamie took hold of his hand as he pulled her up swiftly, once again coming face to face with him.

Cody led her on a moonlit walk along the beach, listening to the waves lap onto the sand gently. It was her ideal date and she didn't think anything could make it better until he turned towards her.

"Jamie?" He said.

"Yeah?" Jamie asked, her light, blue eyes staring up into his.

Without warning he slowly reached up, cupping her cheek gently before leaning towards her. Jamie's eyes fluttered closed automatically as his lips pressed against hers, they were unexpectedly soft. He kissed her until she finally pulled away to breath.

"Wow." Jamie whispered.

He smiled, "wow indeed."

"We should probably go..." she sighed.

"Can I drive you back to your hotel?" Cody asked.

"I'd like that."

Once Cody pulled up outside of her hotel, Jamie got out of his car reluctantly, "goodnight, Cody." She flashed him her sweet smile as he watched her leave.

"Goodnight, Jamie." He said. His smile didn't leave his face the whole drive home, something that'd never happened before.

***

hope you all enjoyed this chapter :)) <3