THIRTY-NINE.

Cody and Jamie had finally made it to their one year anniversary. Jamie thought she'd only get to see him via her phone screen as they'd planned to facetime, but Cody had other plans.

As soon as he stepped out of the airport he hailed a taxi and gave them Jamie's address, watching the familiar scenery as the driver drove him to her apartment.

Once they dropped him off, he grabbed his bag and headed straight up to her apartment, not even having to check the numbers on the doors anymore as he automatically knew which one was hers.

Before he knocked on her door, he patted his jacket pocket to ensure he hadn't lost the most important thing he brought with him on the trip.

As Jamie opened her door she couldn't hide her surprise, "Cody!" She squealed as she immediately rushed to him and wrapped her arms around him.

"Hey, Jamie!" He replied, his muscular arms squeezing her tightly.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were busy filming!" Jamie said as she ushered him inside, taking his bag and placing it in her room before joining him again.

"I took the time off, I wanted to spend time with my girl." Cody replied, his smile increasing slightly as she sat on his lap on the sofa, his arms automatically snaking around her waist.

His lips quickly connected with her neck and trailed kisses against her skin.

"Cody..." Jamie said softly, "why don't we go out somewhere and celebrate?" She asked.

"Can't we just stay here?" He sighed, continually kissing her.

"We can continue this later, yeah?" She smirked.

Cody groaned, "okay... okay."

"I wanna take you to my favourite restaurant." Jamie said, taking hold of his hand and pulling him out of her apartment.

......

jamiemontgomery

when your man travels across the country to be with you on your anniversary

when your man travels across the country to be with you on your anniversary. love u ❤️

437 likes
34 comments

shelleyhennig
y'all make me wanna cry

shams
ONE YEAR OF JODY

alyssa
CUTEST COUPLE EVER

hannah
AGREED^

lynny
^^

emmy
^^^

indiana
YESS

destiny
HAPPY ONE YEAR

codychristian
i love you more

jamiemontgomery
<3 codychristian

......

codychristian

happy one year babygirl

58,393 likes
1,098 comments

shams
BABYGIRL I
YELLED

emmy
ME^

tylergposey
pasta makes me
that happy too tbh

jamiemontgomery
ilysm <3 codychristian

dsprayberry
aw my parents being cute

......

After a day filled with food, love and adventure, Cody and Jamie headed back to her apartment.

They found themselves sat outside on her fire escape with a glass of wine, looking out at the city.

"I don't think I've ever had a better day, Jamie." Cody said.

"Me neither, I'm gonna miss you when you leave again... every time you leave it's like you
take a piece of my heart with you and when you come back it's like it's whole again." She said softly.

Cody looked over at her, the girl who owned his whole heart.

"What if we didn't have to leave each other?" He asked.

"Huh?" Jamie asked, confused.

Cody shifted slightly so his body faced her, he reached up and tucked a piece of stray hair behind her ear slowly, "Jamie... not a day goes by that I don't think about you twenty-four hours a day. I've thought long and hard about this, and it may be a hard decision for one of us, but I think we should move in together."

Before she could reply he continued, "before you say anything, there's something else..."

He stood up and knelt in front of her, Jamie's eyes widening.

"I've been in love with you for a long time, Jamie Montgomery. You make me smile all the time, and I couldn't think of anyone I'd want to spend the rest of my life with... will you marry me?" He asked, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a small, velvet box. He opened it to reveal a beautiful, diamond encrusted ring which made Jamie's heart skip a beat.

He didn't have to wait long for a reply, she nodded quickly, "yes! A thousand times yes!"

Cody slid the ring onto her finger and was quickly caught up in a kiss by Jamie, "I love you so much, Cody."

"I love you too, Jamie. You're my whole world, I swear to you." He said.

He finally sat besides her again, wrapping his arms around her as they sat together, watching the glistening lights of the city around them.

***

:)