TWENTY-FIVE.

Jamie woke up with her arm draped across Cody's bare chest, she watched his movements for a while, he looked extremely peaceful whilst he was asleep. She recalled what had happened the night before and began smiling to herself.

"You know I'm awake right?" Cody asked quietly.

Jamie looked up at him to see that his incredulous blue eyes were staring down at her.

"I was just waiting to see how long until you noticed." He chuckled.

Jamie smiled, "now that I know you're awake do you want to go and get some breakfast?"

He hummed slightly, "I'm good just laying here for a while." He said as he wrapped his arms around her small frame tightly.

After laying in silence for a while, Cody said something that he'd been wanting to say for months.

"I love you, Jamie." He said softly.

Jamie's heart skipped a beat as he spoke those four words.

He was scared that he'd said it too soon when she didn't reply, but her lips curved into the smile he loved as she looked at him.

"I love you too, Cody." She replied, resting her head on his shoulder as he hugged her closer to him.

The pair enjoyed their last few days together in bliss, but before they knew it it was time for them to go back to their normal lives miles away from each other.

As they stood opposite each other at the airport before departing, Cody had his hands wrapped around her waist as she looked up at him since he towered over her.

"I'm going to miss you." Cody said, his face seemed much sadder now that he was leaving her, in some ways he wished he could stay right where they were and not have to go back home and work.

"I'll miss you so much." Jamie replied, stepping onto her tiptoes and pressing her lips against his.

The final call for Cody's flight rang through the airport, he let out a sigh before pulling away, "text me as soon as you get home okay? I wanna know you're safe."

Jamie's stomach fluttered as she realised just how much he cared about her, "I will." She smiled as he walked away from her towards his departure gate.

She found a seat and waited for her flight number to be called. Grabbing her phone she quickly typed a message out.

jamie
miss u already

cody
miss u 2 babygirl

Jamie wasn't sure when he'd decided to start calling her that, but she liked it a lot.

***

:)