12. Tragic: Celebrity Forced to Drink Champagne Alone on Jet

"You definitely need schnecken," Rosalie interrupted Bad Andie. Thank goodness. "You should sit also, Andie." Taking her hand, Rosalie led her to the controller's office.

A completely redecorated controller's office. She now had a sleek computer with an enormous screen. A new glass desk. A credenza with cubbyholes full of office supplies. Lavender chairs (to match the carpet). Paintings of irises, water lilies, and lavender fields hung on the walls, and best of all, there was a trash bin.

"Try the chair," Rosalie said.

The chair conformed to Andie's body as if it had been custom-made for her. "It's perfect."

"Good, Andie."

Cash came in with a steaming mug, Ernest trailing behind with a platter of snail-shaped pastries. Not mollusks. Phew!

"Thanks, guys." It had a beautiful heart design etched in the foam. As she sipped, the frothy milk fizzed on her upper lip. "It's delicious. And artistic. Who made it?" Andie asked with genuine appreciation.

"I did," Cash said, bouncing in his hot-pink tennis shoes. I used our Etienne Louis espresso machine."

"Have a schnecken, Miss Andie," said Ernest, placing the silver tray on her desk. They smelled incredible—all home-baked and cinnamon-y (her favorite smell since meeting Oliver.)

"Um. Well, I really shouldn't," Andie said. After spending the last ten minutes with three Amu supermodels, she'd sworn off all baked goods and maybe broccoli too, in the spirit of non-discrimination.

"But you must, Andie. We can smell that your body cries out for shnecken."

"What?"

"Try it, Andie."

She did.

"Oh, my god. This is amazing," Andie said, mouth full of ecstasy. As the caffeine and sugar hit her bloodstream, Andie realized how much her body craved this exact drink and this exact pastry at this exact moment. It was uncanny. "Thank you. Wait, we have an espresso machine?" They pointed out her office door to the kitchen area across the room. The steel and polished aluminum droid on the counter was to make coffee? Andie mentally calculated what the cost of such extravagance might be. Not a toy, then. She gulped. "Uh, where did it come from?"

"I bought it," said Cash.

"Wasn't it expensive?"

"Oh yes, Andie, but we have much money. We are paid, but we do not go anywhere because we never leave," said Rosalie.

"What do you mean?"

"We do not like the outside." Frank shivered. "We stay inside and only spend money on shoes, food, and DISH Network so we can watch our favorite cooking shows. Amazon delivers anywhere."

So sad that the Zuts are agoraphobic on top of everything else.

"We are very pleased you are pleased, Andie," Bill said.

"Thanks for getting the machine. I'm going to drink a lot more coffee."

"It is nothing, Andie," Cash said, staring at his shoes and shuffling his feet.

"He has a crush on you," Rosalie teased.

"I do not."

"Yes, you do."

Cash buried his face in the crook of his elbow. Poor guy.

"You have embarrassed him, Rosalie," Ernest chastised.

"I am only talking about love here." Rosalie handed Andie another schnecken. "Not that you understand such things," she grumbled under her breath. Andie made a mental note to think up a matchmaking scheme for Rosalie and Ernest. Men can be so oblivious. And on the subject of clarity and openness, Andie decided to be upfront with her staff.