Part 4 |Im Just Lost|

|Bella POV|

It's been a year. Been a year since that one phone call. Been a whole 365 days since the hole in my chest has been silenced, forgotten. It's still there I know it is but with Jake I'm happy. I wake up around sunrise. The dull light barreling peaking through my window. I get up and get dressed for the day and eat some peanut butter on toast, I started to eat again which has really shown. I brush me teeth and leave a note for Charlie that I'm going to Jacobs, don't see why I should he probably know that's where I'm going to be considering that's where i hop in my truck and pull out of the driveway.

I've been going to Jake's almost everyday for a year now. It's my nineteenth birthday tomorrow and Jake and I are gonna organise a party, well more Jake is going to organise a party I'm still cringing at the thought of it. I pull into the reservation and give a little whistle out to Jake, I silently laugh cause everytime I do that he always reply's with something like "I'm not a dog Bella." And then we usually laugh but this time when he comes running out from the woods something looks... off. "Hey Bella"
"Heya Jake" I put my lips to his to greet him good morning but when he kisses back it feels forced and uncomfortable, things are never uncomfortable with Jake. He looks at me and looks sad. "Wanna go for a walk?" He asks me. Oh no something is definitely wrong "sure" I reply

We walk along the beach. The Sand between my toes is still damp from the early morning tide. The seagulls squawk and the waves crash against the ocean bed. It's still quite early so the waves are a pink-orange tinted colour. I can't take the suspense anymore "Jake what's wrong?" I blurt out. I am answered with silence, "Jake" I ask concerned. He again doesn't answer me and I get angry this time "Jake! For fucks sake answer me!" I yell. He looks to me with sadness "Bella remember that day in the shed" he says sadly "where I told you about how when you meet them, your imprint"
"Yeah I remember" I reply, confused
"Bella... I imprinted on someone else" he says.i freeze my entire world frozen around me, unmoving. It's like with Edward over again "you don't love me?" I say, repeating those same words I did that day in the woods. "No no no, Bella" wait what? "Of course I still love you Bella I'll always love you, but I'm not in love with you." He says he wraps his arms around me in a warm safe embrace, I weakly put mine around his waist, it hurts so much "Can we still be friends?" I mumble "oh Bella." He sighs "of course we're still friends." I sigh with relief, what am I gonna do? I wipe away my tears and ask him "what's she like?" His eyes light up with the thought of her and a lazy grin upon his lips "oh she's amazing, she's so beautiful and mysterious..."
"Mysterious?" I reply apprehensively a genuine smile blooming on my face. "I can't understand her yet she draws me right in." He says, he seems happy "I'm glad you're happy Jake." I say and he looks at me
"Thank you Bella"

I didn't plan anything of it I just saw a poster at flight centre on my way home from School. My last day of High School is in a couple of days and I still haven't chosen any college I want to go to. I don't really have anyone else to stay in Forks for except for Charlie and even he has seemed really distant lately. So why don't I do it? I'm 19 now surely I can make my own choices and look after myself enough. A couple of days later I start to pack, only the stuff I want, a few books, clothes and a couple of other essentials so that I'm ready for the journey ahead of me. I talked to Charlie the moment I decided. "Europe?" He questioned me "are you sure?"
"Yeah dad I'm sure."
He looks at me uncertainly,
"Okay but just remember Bells that there is always a room in my home for you and please
stay safe." He says
"Thank you dad, I love you" I say hugging him tightly "Love you too Bells" Well... here I go.
————————
And there's chapter 4, Don't worry there will be plenty more interactions with Jacob and Bella in the future.. 😉 thank you! 💫