Chapter 15

You breathed hard gripping just below your knee trying to clot the bleeding as you limped back towards your truck.

"-Fuckin' bitches, trying to fuckin' jump me." You hissed angrily

You smeared your blood covered fingers down the window until you managed to open the door. You stumbled slightly as you tried to get up into the cab the wound sending ripples of pain through out you.

After a brief few minutes of struggling you hoisted yourself into the car and slammed the door.

"One hell of a shopping trip.." you muttered bringing your injured leg up despite your bodies complaints

You pulled a knife out from under the seat and cut away the blood-heavy half of your jeans.

They were your favorite pair..

You tied a scarf you found just above the wound your jaws tight on the blade. You studied the wound the best your ability in the dim light and cramp quarters. You hissed in displeasure your head spinning slightly.

You fumbled for your phone in your pocket and with a struggle you managed to open your phone. You pressed the cellular device against your ear.

It rang a few times before the person on the other end picked up.

"Tech. I've been shot again, I need a med kit at the corner of Brooks and Five, or Doc there." You spoke before the person in the other end could reply

"(Y/n)?" You froze, that was not Tech's voice, "You were shot!? Your at the corner of Brooks and Five?"

You scrambled, "BeeBeeBeeBee! Don't, heh. I'm just fine buddy.."

"You don't sound already (Y/n)." He stated the obvious fact, "Im own my way now, don't move."

"Bee wait-!" You fished for something to say

"No, you said you needed help, I'm coming to help." The soft undertone of panic was evident in his voice

"B-Bee, I don't need-" you hissed in pain as your calf brushed something

Caught in your own web of lies you carefully spun... Well... he doesn't know know at least right?

RIGHT!?

"How'd you get shot?"

That's when you were smart enough to hang up the phone. You groaned dramatically and slammed your forehead into the horn of the stirring wheel over and over.

"Idiot! Idiot! Idi-" you froze then you saw a figure in black move across the dead end street where you were parked from the side mirror, "Fuck."

Not only did you fuck up calling someone, your about to be fucked up.

This night is going just peachy.

Slowly checking all of your blind spots, like the good driver you are, you reached into the glove compartment and slowly pulled out your pistol.

It was nothing fancy compared to the fancy full-automatics the other guys carried, but it'll do the job in the right hands.

And trust me. It's in the right hands.

You watched as they slowly began to surround the car guns drawn watching for any of your movements within. You breathed and closed your eyes.

Your brows twitched.

Just like riding a bike.

Riding an eight shot bike, but just like riding a bike.

They were the first to fire onto your windows, but you could feel the truck lowering down closer to the ground.

Fuckers shot out your tires. Smart move, but fuck you.

The bullet resistant glass can only take so much, but it gave you enough time to struggle into the back seat and get low. You pressed your arms over your head as the glass shattered sending hundreds of dancing glass shards across your car.

You just paid it off too...

Pressing yourself close you the back door you waited. You slowly heard footsteps crunch the glass outside.

"Come out!" A voice demanded, "You will be turned over for bounty!"

Over your decrepit corpse you'll be turned over to bounty. You finally saw the barrel of the gun poke through the window then his head. With a quick well practiced aim you fired at the man.

He slammed into the window frame and slid down leaning a blood trail in his wake. His gun clattered into the seat and the other men swarmed your vehicle. The first door to open was the one opposite to you. Before he could react you fired his head jerked back and his body fell forward limp.

The door behind you gave way and you rolled down between the mans legs. You groaned in pain as your shot leg complained, but kept going. You with sharp shards of glass now imbedded in your arms and back you couldn't keep this shirt either.

You really don't have a good record with your clothes do you?

Before you could really mull over the question you had to roll out of the way of more gun fire. You fired blind.

"GAH!" The man that opened your door shouted as the shot landed just above his ankle

He fell down gripping the bleeding wound. You jerked your head to the man on top of your truck. He went to fire only to discover in despair the gun was jammed. He scrambled only I never be able to be able to fire back as a shot landed in his tilted down head.

You watched as the force drove him back off the car and onto the ground. You stood up and limped the the man still trembling on the ground.

"One more bullet, reserved just for you." You spoke aiming

His eyes begged for the mercy he couldn't make his voice create.

It's a cruel world isn't it?

One last bang and he was gone. You jerked in surprise at the sudden light illuminating you from behind.

"(Y/n)?"