Chapter 17

You limped angrily through the base towards where a certain computer expert resided. Googles followed you closely, but you shooed her off as you tugged open the door to Tech's geek cave.

You squinted slightly as you entered pushing aside a few dangling wires. You were careful not to step on any of the Styrofoam cups littered about. You turned an anime figure when you passed a shelf full of them.

You didn't remember them being so dusty....

You began to approach the unnatural blue light from the computer monitors. Slowly you pushed the empty swivel chair away and stared at the information displayed.

Everyone's home, everyone's family lineage, their bounty price.

Those who are still alive.

a shocking amount aren't..

You turned your head towards a monitor with an active chat. You swallowed thickly at what it read.

Tech wasn't allied to the League anymore.

You straightened sharply when you heard a gun click.

"I'd step away from the computer, (y/n)." he hissed lowly

You turned your head a little to glare at the skinny man behind you.

"Pretty big gun for such a little boy, Tech." You seethed, "You're not once experienced with weaponry either."

The muzzle of the gun jammed hard into the back of your head.

"We've had a good run (y/n), we really did." He tsked his glasses glowing menacingly in the unnatural blue light, "Too bad you had to go and retire before we could take you out along with your former partner, but no matter, boss'll get what she wants."

Your gaze narrowed your brows scrunching. You've already seen the betrayed looks from Bee you really didn't need betrayal from one of your closest friends.

You could hear the gun cocking. If your assumption was correct if you didn't move you'd have Bullet-in-the-brain Syndrome.

Time didn't slow down at all like in the books or movies, if anything time sped up.

Well...

Maybe that's just adrenaline kicking in.

You ducked down as he fired and flinched backwards from the recoil. With quick practiced ease you turned sharply on the ball of your foot and connected a punch to his soft gut and grabbed on to the wrist owned the hand clutching a gun.

He began to fire wildly. You grimaced as he fired right beside your ear sending a painful deafening ring through your ear. He tried to use this to his advantage only to swing a punch at you and miss entirely.

There wasn't much of a struggle after Tech released he was out of bullets. You pinned his chest to the ground and began to tie his arms behind his back with a stray cable.

"Ow! Not so tight..." he murmured

You snarled and tightened the cable even more and began to drag him out of the room. All eyes were on you as you pulled the computer-expert out into the open.

"Fucker is a betrayer." You grunted pulling him to his knees, "Tried to shoot me."

Everyone soon formed a circle around him, Tech suddenly looked very nervous.

"Y-you guys! I'm telling you! (Y/n)'s crazy!" He chuckled nervously, "Who just wants "to retire" from the League!? Everyone knows you just die!"

The crowd muttered unbelievabingly at him and he finally dropped the act.

"She'll get you! She's already gotten Stephen, Pink, Thrasher, Luis, and Hana!" He laughed

The crowd rippled with gasps and you could hear several guns cocking.

He cackled, "With my help Bloody Mary's already gotten her goal!"

Your expression suddenly dropped and a sick grin pulled onto Tech's pale lips. His nose began to bleed but his grin remained intact.

"She'll kill you all." His gaze settled on you, "You know who she was going after don't you? DON'T YOU!?"

You scrambled backwards frantic.

"BEE! We need to leave NOW!" You scrambled towards the door as fast as your sore injured leg would allow

You shoved open the outside door and bolted towards Bee's alt. You swung open the passengers side door to see Bee's holoform walk out the door and disappear as the car rumbled to life.

"Bee, you know traffic laws?" You asked as he began reversing out of the lot

The rumble of the engine was your only answer.

"Yeah... ignore all of them."