Chapter 3

Eric-

7:00

I wake up, remembering my meeting with Jeanine Matthews, Erudite's leader. I quickly change into comfortable clothes, before making my way to the Pit. The Dauntless are jumping off walls and hanging off ledges in drunken craze when I arrive at the Pit.

Jeanine is in the far corner of the Pit, and beckons for me to follow her down a long corridor. We come to an office, with a long narrow desk. She sits opposite from me at the head of the table. There are a few other Dauntless in the meeting, all here for the same reason as me, and also a few Erudite.

"So, now that everyone's here let us begin." Jeanine starts. "Abnegation is still leading, and I need the Dauntless army."

"What for?" Pipes up a younger Dauntless, whose name if i recall is Henry.

"To over through the Abnegation, of course." murmurs a smart mouth Erudite scientist.

"Eric," Jeanine nods to me, "I believe you where one of my best students in Erudite. And I officially assigned you Dauntless for a special mission."

I nod.

"And so... How is that mission going?" She probs.

"Fifteen found, since we started the new training."

She smirks. "Good. The Abnegation have the highest population. They are the only things standing between me, and my victory."

"Highest population of who?" asks a Dauntless girl, named Abigail.

"Divergent." The Dauntless gasp at my proclamation.

"Divergent? B-But thats a fairy tale!" Ryan claims, with a slight accent.

"Not anymore. They are rising up out of our factions, right beneath our noses." I smirk, at their confusion.

"And seeing as I am, one of the many, leaders of Dauntless, I agree to let the Dauntless fight on Erudite's side. Now may I ask, what of Candor and Amity?"

"Candor will join our side, once we take down Abnegation. And Amity, will probably remain neutral. Which in the end, will result in punishment." Jeanine smirks.

I feel a twig of fury. "Lets do it."