Chapter 5

Eric-

The initiates stand completely still. Before Peter steps forward.

"I say we go over there, it has shelter and they won't be able to see the flag. Only from up high." He begins.

A couple of other initiates nod, but Edward speaks up. "I say we hide it in the most obvious spot, they'll be so busy looking in hard spots, they'll miss the most simple ones."

"Well, somebody figure it out fast. We don't got a lot of time here." Uriah says.

Peter and Edward glance at each other.

"Trees provide shelter." Peter argues.

"But its predictable." Edward snaps.

"You calling me simple?"

"I'm calling you-"

"Ladies, Ladies! Your both pretty, now lets just hide the flipping flag!" Myra groans.

Everyone stares at her unpredicted out burst.

"What?" She shrugs.

"Ok, lets vote." One initiate says. "Trees go over there, simple over there."

The majority of them heads over to the trees side. "Alright, we've decided. Trees." I order.

Peter smirks at Edward.

The group eventually finds a decent spot, sheltered by a leafy canopy.

"Alright, where do you think the others are?" A girl, Lynn, asks.

Everyone jumps at the sound of a groan, echoing from the sky. I glance over in the distance. The Ferris Wheel is rotating slowly, creaking as it turns.

"Over there! Ok we'll have 2 teams. A and B. A you head that way toward the wheel, B spit up. Some of B guard the flag, some go with A." Edward says.

Everyone's assigned different roles. I'm grouped with A. We head down the hill to where the wheel has stopped spinning. A rapid fire of shots sound, spattering on the ground beneath us.

"Learn to shoot, you kittys!" Uriah shouts, and a chorus of laughter echoes. Before he is shot with 6 balls.

"Scatter!" Someone screams.

We all split off, going in different directions. I'm cut off by two people, Will and Drew. I'm hit with about 8 shots, firing rapidly into my skin. I curse, and fall back into a tree. I hear a faint scream of victory and know we lost. Will and Drew high five each other in triumph. I kick the ground, slamming my gun into the tree.