a really bad idea

"la la laaa..." Gerard quietly sung to himself in an attempt to calm the anxiety building up. What he was doing was truly a bad idea. He probably should have stayed home with his little brother. Oh well, it was too late now.

    Gerard could feel his hands become wet as he grabbed onto the dirty and moist ladder. Inhaling the humid air, he began to climb. Counting the steps he took.

    "One."

   "Two."

    "Its not that serious. Just climb it quickly so we can get out of here soon." interrupted Bert, who seemed to be completely annoyed by Gerard. If it were him, he would have been at the top of the billboard by now. But Gerard was taking his sweet time and it was getting to Bert.

    "O-okay. Sorry." Gerard said timidly. He began to quicken his pace, his grip even stronger than before. The billboard wasnt the biggest, but it sure was big enough to cause damage.

   After finally reaching the top Gerard carefully pulled himself up to the platform, immediately reaching for a nearby pole. He stood for a few seconds, afraid to look down. Slowly he began to reach for his backpack, pulling out cans of spraypaint. He shook the cans and then begun to do exactly as told. Gerard wished he would have stayed home.

    He slipped. He curled his fingers in an attempt to grab onto the platform, but he simply graced the metal and plummeted down. The only thing heard was the sound of his screams. It all happened rather quickly. One second he was at the top of a billboard, the next he was on the ground.

    Blood seeped from his head, staining his white hair. Bert and Jamia both stood there, eyes wide.

    "Call an ambulance!"

~~

    Gerard woke up to bright lights. Bandages and stitches covered both his body and head. He let out a loud groan. He seemed to be in a hospital.

    "About time you woke up."

    Startled, Gerard turned his neck slightly and was met with a boy who was covered in stitches and bruises, the boy had many tattoo's and short black hair.

    "My names Frank."