[36]: Hangover part 2

Josh

"I knew it, I knew it all along!" Claudia says, packing her things.

"It meant nothing to me!"

"It sure didn't look that way!"

I block in front of the door so she can't escape.

"Move."

"Claudia, please, let me explain."

"There's nothing to explain. I saw the video and you liked it."

"No I didn't!"

"Josh, move out of my way."

"Claudia, please."

"You're just like everyone else."

"Would you let me explain?"

I took a deep breath and began to speak.

"I was drunk, okay? I don't even remember how it even started!"

"Oh, sure."

"You act like you've never been drunk before!"

"Okay, but at least I haven't cheated!" her eyes became watery.

"No, no, don't cry."

"Why shouldn't I? You, you broke my heart. Cheating on that... slut."

"Jen is not a slut."

"Oh, so now you're defending her?"

"Well, what else do you want me to do? She's my friend!"

"More like girlfriend to me."

"Why are you so jealous?"

"Me? Jealous of that? Ha!"

"That's it. You're jealous."

"Jealous of what?"

"Oh you know who."

"Josh, I gotta go."

"Where are you gonna go?

Claudia scoffs. "Don't worry about me. Worry about her."

"Oh my -"

Claudia manages to go under me and speed walks out of my apartment.

"Claudia, wait!"

She walks down the stairs and gets into her car and slams the door. I try chasing after her but she's too quick.

I scream so loud that I might wake up the neighbors. I don't care.

* * *

Claudia

"Oh, I love Jennifer," I say, trying to mimic Josh.

I'm driving angrily on the highway not sure of where to go.

I don't care, as long as I'm away from him.

Why does he love her anyways?

What does she have that I don't have?

Okay, maybe she has prettier eyes, maybe that's it.

Or her height.

Or her personality.

Why does he have to like her?

You know what? They're going to be like Voldemort. They shall not be named.

Ha! That's pretty funny.

"He's so stupid." I mutter.

But yet, there's a part of me that still loves him. His hazel eyes that make you melt. Or his chiseled jaw. Wow, so perf-

Wait, why am I still thinking about him? He's just like every other man out there.

A lying, cheating, good-for-nothing douchebag that breaks girls hearts for no good reason.

I felt a tear shed. I didn't even know I was crying.

I wipe my tears away and hear my phone ring.

He is calling.

I ignore it.

Then, I receive what seems like countless notifications from you-know-who.

I read the messages, but they mean nothing to me now.

Claudia, you know how much you mean to me. You know that I fell in love with you that day we met on set. Remember that day? That was the day I met the love of my life. You. I don't know where you're headed to, but know that I haven't stopped thinking about you ever since you left. You wouldn't let me explain. I was drunk, okay? I don't remember how it happened but it did. I don't want to let one lousy kiss ruin our relationship. I love you, Claudia. I hope you love me too. ♡

Oh, puh-lease. Like he really means that anyways. He's probably drooling over her.

I want to text him back. To tell him that I love him too. To give him my heart and he can do the same. But he cheated.

He never even apologized.

Claudia, if you're too stubborn to talk to me, hear me out. I'm sorry baby. I don't want to lose you. But it feels like I already have. :(

I'm not going to answer back.

My gut tells me not to, but my heart tells me to go for it.

Why do relationships have to be so complicated? Why are there so many feelings involved?

That, I don't know.

But I'm so close to turning around, driving past the traffic, even the red lights, arrive at his house, leap into those muscular arms and tell him how much I love him.

But before I can decide, I stare at my phone while speeding and realize that I'm on the opposite side of the highway.

Cars are honking and beeping their horns so loud that the sound is nearly deafening.

I try to swerve back onto the right side of the road, but before I can, a huge, loaded semi truck slams into my car, causing me to jerk back and black out.

* * *

Thank you for the 13.6k! It's unbelievable how far I've came with this story. I remember being happy with 13 reads. But 13 thOUSAND?! Wow!