[48]: Thanksgiving Day

Maddie's P.O.V.

   After the premiere--which was two days ago--things have gotten a little crazy.

   Those gossip shows have gotten a lot to talk about! All they've really been talking about is the fact that I've been adopted by Jennifer Lawrence.

   For example, I've been hearing a lot of this:

   "You will not believe this! According to Jennifer Lawrence herself, the 'Mystery Girl' is no longer a mystery! Turns out she has been adopted by Jennifer Lawrence! How crazy is that? They call her 'Maddie,' which is short for Madison. We don't know much about her, but hopefully we will soon!"

   This is insane! It's like I've become famous overnight!

   Who knows what'll happen next!

   Anyways, other than that, my life has been pretty much the same... inside the house. We were surrounded by paparazzi when Jen was driving!

   I'm really excited because it's Thanksgiving Day and after dinner we're going to feed the homeless! I think it's nice how Jen's a celebrity and she'd rather help the needy than go to some top-notch party.

   "Maddie! Come downstairs!"

   "Coming!"

   I run downstairs to see that Jen is ready to leave.

   "Was I supposed to get ready?"

   "Yes! We're going over to my parents' house then the soup kitchen! Hurry up and go get ready!"

   "Okay! Okay!"

   I run back upstairs and looked through my closet so I can find something nice to wear.

   What to wear... what to wear...

   I settled on a light pink dress with a brown belt around the waist and matching heels.

   After I put everything on, I walk back downstairs to meet Jen. When I didn't find her, I soon realized that she's in the car.

   I didn't really notice the dent in the back.

   "Next stop, my parent's house!"

                       +++

   I couldn't really describe the scent of the house when we first walked in.

   All kinds of smells. Good smells though.

   "Hey mom," Jen says, then hugs her mother.

   After that, she turns to me and says, "Maddie! It's so nice to see you!" then hugs me tight.

   "I spent all day preparing dinner for tonight. It'll be a small gathering; just the six of us. I made all kinds of food. Especially a turkey."

   I couldn't believe it! I'm actually going to try turkey!

   "A turkey? " I was too excited to say anything else.

   "Does it taste good?" I ask.

   "Does it taste good? It's only one of the best parts of our meal!"

   "Uh, mom, it's five, and at seven, me and Maddie are headed to the soup kitchen. Thought I might do something different this year." Jen says.

   "Oh, well, that's great! I guess we'll start now then."

   We all gathered around and sat at the table, said a prayer, but before we ate, Karen suggested that we'd all say what we're thankful for.

   Next thing I knew it was my turn.

   I thought about it for a short time, then blurted out, "I'm just thankful to be alive."

   Jen's eyes got all watery. "Me too," she says.

   We began to savor the meal we had, while it lasted. The turkey tasted amazing. My mom was wrong, I'm not disappointed, I'm glad I was able to try it. And it wasn't as dry as the Sahara Desert, like I thought it'd be. It was full of flavor and I'd definitely eat it again.

   "That meal was great, but we have to go." Jen says.

   "Aww, can you at least stay for dessert? We made your favorite, pumpkin pie!" Karen says.

   "Well, I guess I could have one slice... Just one. After that, we have to go."

   "Very well then."

                         +++

   "Thanks so much for dinner, bye!" Jen says as she unlocks the car doors.

   "You still want to come with me?" Jen asks.

   "Yes. It's nice to do something good that'll help others." I smile.

   "I normally don't do this, but this year I thought, why not?"

                        +++

   The people in the soup kitchen seemed extremely grateful for what they've been given.

   Jen seems happy too, this is a first for both of us.

   This place became really crowded and full of people. Some even had children with them, which I felt bad for them, but I was glad they get a hot meal tonight.

   One by one, the line went down. The people were satisfied, I was satisfied. I love helping people. It makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

   I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't notice the all-too-familiar face. She looked worse since the last time I've seen her.

   "Gigi?!" she asked, very surprised to see me.

   "Gemma?"

   She was the last person I'd expect to see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHO HAS SEEN THE SECOND MOCKINGJAY TRAILER? I SCREAMED.

Vote if you want to know what happens next :)

Reads: 31.3k :')

Thanks for reading!