•One•

Billy watched her cross the high schools parking lot. He admired how her hips swayed as she put a cigarette between her lips. She wasn't like these other high school girls, she was realer. She didn't wear their revealing clothes or packed on makeup. She didn't need to, she was naturally beautiful.

     He knew she was going to be different from all the other girls he's with. He liked knowing that though, he liked a challenge. He wanted her and when Billy Hargrove wanted something he got it. And sometimes Billy wasn't gentle when going after what he wanted.

     Taylor threw the cigarette onto the ground and stepped on it with her black converse. She made her way into the school, but something felt off. She felt a pair of eyes on her. She shrugged off the feeling and made her way to the music room. Ready to start working on a new song and make the most of her free period.

     Everyone's eyes were on Billy. He loved and craved the attention and proudly walked into the high school. A smirk was planted on his face as he winked at the group of girls looking at him. He knew within a few days the school would be wrapped around his finger. The only thing he wanted more than everyone's attention was to find out who the curly red head he saw earlier was.

***
     It was finally the end of the school day and Taylor was glad to finally go home. She was tired of hearing all the latest gossip from anyone who wanted to talk. Even her best friends Steve and Nancy couldn't stop talking about the new kid. Apparently he was trying to take over Hawkins High school. But she could care less.

     After saying goodbye to Johnathan, her other best friend, she was finally ready to leave. The school doors swung open and the red head walked out. While she headed to her car she was stopped by someone who didn't appear familiar.

"Hey sweet cheeks gotta minute?" A long blonde haired male asked Taylor.

"Uh yeah, what's up?" She politely asked with that smile that made so many boys hearts skip. Billy was no acceptation either for he could get used to that smile.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go to the party with me tonight?" He asked but it seemed more like he was already sure it was going to happen.

"I'm sorry who are you again?" Billy's signature grin faded a bit and his eyebrows arched in confusion. How could she not know who he was?

"The names Billy, Billy Hargrove. Your Taylor right?" Billy thought him knowing her name would make her fall for him in an instant but it actually creeped her out, a lot.

"Yeah... So is Billy short for William?" She asked trying to avoid the fact that he knew her name and was staring intently at her.

"Yeah. So it's a date. I can pick you up around eight or-" Billy was cut off before he could finish.

"I'm sorry William or Billy, I'm actually busy tonight but thanks for the invite. Anyway I have to get going but thank you." She said as she started to walk away.

     Billy was beyond confused. First she didn't know who he was, then she called him by his real name, and she declined him. Him, Billy Hargrove. She rejected him. No girl had ever rejected him. No girl had even questioned who he was. He was astonished.

***

     Taylor made her way into the room filled with sweaty teenagers. She didn't think she would find herself here but after Jonathan said he wanted to go she said yes. She knew he was coming for Nancy and she wanted to make sure everything was okay. She wanted to make sure Jonathan was okay if he saw Nancy with Steve.

     She wore a white cropped blouse with light colored skinny jeans and her white converse. On the top of her head sat a bunny ears head band. She originally dressed up for the kids including Jonathan's brother but now it came in handy for the party. Jonathan on the other hand didn't dress up even after her pestering him too.

     When they walked in a lot of eyes were on her but her being her she didn't notice it. She just walked with her friend looking for Nancy. Though, amongst the eyes that were on Taylor, Billy's eyes were glued to her. He was angry, confused, and annoyed. He didn't understand how she turned him down but showed up with some loser he never seen before.

"Yo Tommy, is that her boyfriend?" He asked leaning over to ask the kid who seems to know everything about everyone.

"Who Taylor Scott and that freak? Nah man. For some reason she's friends with the lucky bastard. Why? You got your eye on her? Sorry man but no man has ever been able to make that chick theirs." Tommy slurred out before taking another drink of his beer.

     Billy sneered as he stalked his way over to the red head. Like a lion ready to pounce on his prey, Billy was livid. He was ready to give the red headed beauty a piece of his mind for rejecting him. And with a glare in his eyes people parted, making a path for him and ready to see the scene unravel.