•Four•

It was Sunday night and Taylor was walking back from Nancys house. She kept yesterday's events to herself and just listened to Nancys drama about Steve and Jonathan. As much as she wanted to talk to Nancy about what happened she knew she should be a good friend and listen to Nancy.

Taylor admired the reddish pink sky with blue streaks. It was almost dark and she knew she probably should have drove. Taylor noticed a familiar blue '79 Camaro. She walked towards the car with her brows furrowed in confusion.

When she was finally next to the car she slowly approached it. She didn't want to catch Billy doing the dirty with some girl which seemed to be the most realistic option. When she saw Billy in the drivers seat leaning against the steering wheel she decided to knock on the window.

Taylor knocked once and Billy's head snapped up towards her. She saw the tear streaks on his tan cheeks and knew she couldn't leave him like this. Just like the party he needed help and she was the only one who seemed to care enough to help.

Taylor didn't say anything and just walked over to the passenger seat. She climbed into the car and shut the door before looking at Billy. Taylor did exactly what Billy didn't expect and just pulled him into a hug. He was tense at first before finally hugging back. He silently cried into her shoulder. Taylor sat there rubbing his back much like she did at the party and whispered that everything was going to be alright. She waited for him to sober up and continued to hold him.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" She had to asked even though she knew the answer. He just shook his head and buried his head deeper into her hair. "Okay, okay, do you wanna stay at my place?" She waited a few moments before he nodded.

About two minutes later he pulled away and started the car while making his way to her house. She rubbed his arm soothingly and waited to get to her house. She knew he needed someone to care in his life and if that's what he needed then that's what she'd be.

When they pulled up to her house they both stayed silent. When she opened the door for him he walked upstairs to her room. She followed behind him quietly.

He pulled the covers down on her bed and kicked off his shoes before laying down. He lifted the covers and signaled for her to get in. She finally climbed in after kicking her shoes off and laying down next to him. Like before he put his head on her shoulder but instead of crying he slowly fell asleep.

Taylor had a million questions in her head but didn't dare to ask. If Billy wanted to tell her then that was fine but she knew it wasn't okay for her to pester him. She could only hope that he was safe when he leaves her house.

***

Taylor woke up to her alarm blaring loudly. She quickly turned it off and moved to see what time it was. After thinking about what she was going to do with Billy and if she even wanted to go to school. She moved to get up but Billy's large arm around her waist held her back.

"No, don't get up just stay right here." Billy groaned. Taylor immediately started blushing at how close they were. He was literally snuggling into her side.

"I have to get up Billy." Taylor said and moved his arm away.

Taylor grabbed her clothes for the day and headed into the shower. She took a quick shower and dried her hair before getting ready to go to school. She put on light skinny jeans and a light purple blouse with some light makeup.

After leaving the bathroom she saw that Billy was still asleep. Taylor decided he needed new clothes and grabbed some of her brothers old clothes. She picked out a dark maroon button up and light acid washed jeans for him. She tiptoed over to the bed and slightly shook him.

"Come on Billy we gotta go to school." His eyes opened and he stretched before looking at the time.

"Crap I gotta pick up Max." He said before sitting up. Taylor handed him the clothes before grabbing her shoes and walking downstairs.

Billy finally finished getting ready and ran downstairs and hopped into his car with Taylor on the other side. They drove to his house and picked up his stepsister which he explained who she was to Taylor on the way. Taylor seemed to like Max which made Billy happy inside but he didn't dare show that.