•Seven•

"Well well well, Lucas Sinclair, what a surprise." Billy said in a sinister voice.

"Billy" Taylor rushed in front of Lucas. "Billy listen. This is all my fault, the kids were hanging out and I lost track of time." Taylor tried assuring. "Just don't hurt the kids!" Taylor tried smiling.

"Move." Billy pushed Taylor out the way and went to slam Lucas into the kitchen wall.

     The kids and Taylor were screaming at him to stop but there was no stopping him. Steve rushed forward towards Billy after Lucas kneed him in the groin.

     Taylor pushed the kids back, trying to somehow protect them from what would happen next. Steve landed a punch on Billy and dodged Billy's swings. Billy was against the kitchen counter before grabbing a plate and swinging it to hit Steve.

     While Billy was swinging endlessly at Steve, Taylor knew she had to stop him. She grabbed the needle used for Will. Quickly, she uncapped it before running up to Billy. With tears streaming down her face she stabbed the needle into his neck.

     Billy turned around towards the beautiful red head. If his vision wasn't going blurry he would have noticed the fear in Taylor's eyes. He pulled the object out of his skin before stumbling towards her.

"What is this?" He mumbled stumbling more. "Oh shit, Taylor? What did you do?" He questioned before collapsing to the ground in a laughing fit. Just then Max grabbed Steve's bat while walking towards Billy.

"From here on out you leave me and my friends alone, including Taylor. Do you understand?!" Max said in a deadly tone.

"Screw you" Billy laughed.

     Max slammed the bat right between his legs in anger. Billy lifted his head up in shock and fear.

"I said to you understand?! Say it, SAY IT!" Max screamed the last part. Billy licked his lips.

"I understand"

"What?" Max said louder.

"I understand." Billy said before passing out completely.

     Taylor shrunk down to the floor in tears. That man could have easily killed her best friend and four innocent children. She was horrified and shocked. Lucas rushed over to her to see if she was okay and to comfort the crying teen.

     Max grabbed Billy's keys before turning to the group and saying something Taylor couldn't quite hear. She was too busy staring at Steve and Billy's unconscious bodies. She slowly stood up and grabbed the keys from Max before driving the kids to the demogorgans tunnels.

***

     Taylor couldn't believe she didn't see how horrible Billy was. She always believed that people deserved second chances and could redeem themselves but this time she wasn't so sure.

     She didn't think she could ever forget about the things Billy did that night. Taylor couldn't wrap her head around the reason he went after a child, even in an act of rage. She knew for sure she had to stay away from Billy. At least for a while.

     It was the night of the middle school Snow Ball dance. A annual dance held for the middle schoolers of Hawkins and she was excited to be there for her young friends. Taylor volunteered with Nancy and Jonathan to help out.

     After pulling on a blue slightly formal dress that matched her red hair, she finished her makeup. Taylor asked Steve to drop her off since he was already dropping Dustin off. Once she heard his car horn she walked out the house and getting into the backseat since Dustin had claimed the passenger seat.

     Meanwhile Max was finishing getting ready and getting in Billy's car. Things were awkward between each other but they had come to a internal agreement to stay silent. They hadn't talked since what happened at the Byers house. Neither had Billy and Taylor.

      Billy's jaw clenched as he thought about what he wanted to ask. He knew Max probably wouldn't care or listen but he needed to ask. He had too.

"Taylor gonna be there tonight?" He asked carefully, not making eye contact.

     Max looked at Billy before answering, "Yeah".

     Billy stopped himself from saying anything and continued to think. He wanted to ask about her and ask Max to talk to her for him. Deep down he wanted to apologize to Max but he couldn't bring himself too. Instead of saying anything else he just nodded.

     Billy pulled into a parking space and waited for Max to go in.  He waited a bit after Max went in. In all honesty he wanted to see Taylor and maybe work up the courage to talk to her.

     As Billy waited he thought about the fear he saw in her eyes that day. He wanted to talk to her and apologize. The truth was she wasn't someone he wanted to leave. He needed her to be there for him like before. He needed her to be his, even if she wasn't really his before. He wanted her for real, to be his girl.

     Billy looked over to the entrance. He watched as a slightly familiar car pull up. Billy looked closer and saw Steve Harrington talking to one of Max's friends. At first he brushed it off before he watched the kid get out of the car and Taylor leaned forward kissing Harrington's cheek. Billy then started up his car and zoomed out of the parking lot in a angry and jealous rage.