Eighteen

^^^swipe right for some dope music^^^^

s/o to my friends who have not made me feel like crap for my bigger than reality dreams. neverland is real kiddos. ashbnic StrangeDejaVuu natalieprice24 Bancath
*******************

*knock knock*

"Come in." I'm so not ready for today.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday day to you, happy birthday dear Ashlee, happy birthday to you!!!"

I've dreaded this day my whole life, the infamous 18th birthday. I really don't get what all the hype is about, sure i'm going to college and moving out, but i'm still getting older. And if I know one thing, it's that I never want to grow up. Of course my adopted family knows this, but i'm beginning to believe no matter what I say they will never stop celebrating.

"Happy birthday sweetie," "Yea, happy birthday stinker," parental love. "Happy birthday butthole," says my little brother, Parker, as
he reaches behind him for God knows what. I look up at my beautiful sister, Brooklyn, just as she too wishes me a notsohappy birthday.

"What are your plans for toda," starts mom before she is cut off by the hiss of Parker spraying......spraying....UCKKK!!! "PARKER JON GRAY!!! What an a**hole!" "Ashlee Bri Gray! Watch your language miss!" Screams mom while dad and Brooklyn laugh like crazy.

I tend to always be the target of annoying and dangerous bulls**t.

"Well, mom, I plan to take a shower, go to school, go see Carly and Erika, and come home, soon enough. So may I please get going with that?" I say, more like a demand than a question. "Yes yes, get going we are just on our way out. Oh and Ashlee, please grab some cake on your way out." "Yes, mom, goodbye." "Goodbye." Says the whole family at the same time like some church choir.

Ok so I somewhat lied. I mean, I am going to school, just not as long as she thinks I am. You see, despite how both my best friends (and basically only friends) are complete social butterflies, i'm quite an outcast. The Regina George's of AHS (Asheville high school) definitely have helped me stay this way too. Like I can't do it myself. Carly and Erika both like to say they are just jealous, which of course is just the iconic 'i'll say this to make you feel better line.' They most definitely are not jealous of me.

Every single one of them are prettier than me, my family is just as rich, my house just as nice, my room is less aesthetic, my hair is crappy, they probably would rather have a Volvo than a Jeep Wrangler anyway, and no brand of clothes looks right on me. The only thing I have better is friends, definitely friends.

Well that's me and i just got out the shower so I think you could guess that i'm about to throw on a white adidas t-shirt, black jeans, and slip on vans. Wait, scratch that i'm bound to get that shirt messed up. I'm going to put on a black shirt, black pants, and checkered slip on vans. Yep that's it.

I never bother to put on makeup, so now i just have to brush my teeth, throw my hair up, and grab my crap.

Time to face the day. Dear God.

——————————-

At least nobody is looking at me, but it's a high school hallway, what's new.

"ASHLEEEEE HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABE!!!!!!!!" That would be Carly. "Carly! It's not a big deal, really." "Yes Ashlee, it really really is." Just as i'm about to open my mouth to retaliate, there's Erika. "Erika, thank god, tell Ashlee how important her 18th birthday is." "Ashlee, what do you think about your 18th birthday?" "You know what I think," "Car, I think we should let her think that, it will be another gift for her."