Chapter 3

Caitlin's P.O.V.

The next day I walked out of the house after Erin arrived. She really was a life saver, she was always there for me and Claudia absolutely adored her. I plugged in my ear phones and began running. It's been awhile since I've gone running, I missed it. I was running for about 10 minutes through the woods. I stopped to check the time with my apple watch. I checked my pulse and decided to stop to rest for a bit. I stretched my arms as I slowly paced around.

The song I was listening to finished and I waited for the next one. I heard a rustling which made my head quickly swift up. The next song began but I paused it and took my headphones out. I looked around as I listened. There's only two explanations for rustling, either an animal or a person. And most of the time it's a person. I heard it again making me turn in every direction.

The red energy emerged on my palms and I calmed myself down as I continued to look around. I twirled my hands and focused on where the sounds were coming from. I shut my eyes as I continued to listen to the rustling. When I thought I had pinpointed where it was I suddenly threw a blast and opened my eyes only to feel pain.

My powers disappeared and I looked down at my stomach. Blood was beginning to come out, I touched my stomach as my knees began to weaken. I fell to the floor and let out a sharp groan. "You've got to be kidding me" I said as I looked up.

"Jake" I hissed.

He stood in front of me holding onto a gun. He had that same smirk on his face that his brother had "I missed you Cait"

I held onto my stomach as I continued to bleed. I gritted my teeth. I had wanted to lunge at him or blast him with my powers but I couldn't do either.

"You son of bitch" I hissed through the pain.

"Did you really think you had seen the last of me?" A laugh escaped his lips "I'll be seeing you around Wanda" He turned his back and began walking away.

My vision was beginning to get blurry as the pain only escalated. I knew I had to stand up and get somewhere safe. But I was getting weaker by the second. I laid on the cold dirt and closed my eyes as I drifted off.

~

I opened my eyes slowly. The singing of the birds filled the area. I slowly sat up and groaned as I stood up. I let out a sigh as I began to walk home. I got a call from Scott who explained what had happened the night before with the hunters. He let me know they were heading to the station. As soon as I got home I changed and got into the car. I left to the station. As soon as I got there I walked to dads office. Scott, Malia, Liam, and Lydia were all there. Along with a girl who was sitting down whom I've never seen before.

"This may actually be the safest place for them in Beacon Hills. At least I can protect them here" Dad said in a firm tone. 

"Would Stiles think that?" Lydia asked. 

"Especially if one of your Deputies is working for Gerard?" Malia asked him.

"I'm not buying that" Dad responded "I know these deputies like the back of my hand. I know their families, their kids, their brothers and sisters. I know who they are and I trust them" 

I stood behind them listening to everything that was going on. They all turned around to look at the deputies outside. 

"You know who they were" Liam pointed out "There's something out there. Everyone's afraid, and it's getting worse"