Chapter 6

Caitlin's P.O.V.

Lydia called me and told me Derek and Stiles were back in town. They were meeting at the animal clinic so that's where I was going. I packed a bag and grabbed the baby car seat. I couldn't take her to dad because he was underground taking care of a few things.

As soon as I got to the clinic I walked in, the bell signaling as the door opened. I walked into the room where Scott, Malia, Lydia, Derek, and Stiles were standing. They all turned to me as I walked in.

"Cait" Derek said walking up to me "What is Claudia doing here?" He asked taking the baby seat carrier from me.

"I wasn't about to leave her with anyone" I said putting the bag down.

"What happened?" Derek asked putting the seat on the table and unbuckling her.

"Jake paid a little visit. He knows about Claudia and he wants to kill her" I explained.

"Great, another problem to add to the list" Malia said.

I walked over the table and approached Stiles. He smiled at me as I wrapped my arms around him. He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tight. Once we pulled away I looked at him "It's nice to see you again"

He nodded his head "You too sis"

I turned to see Derek rocking Claudia as he held her in his arms. I stood in front of the table in between Derek and Stiles.

We were all standing around the table. Malia next to Stiles, Scott next to Malia, and Lydia next to Scott.

"Okay, we can face the Anuk-Ite" Malia said "We can try to fight it blind. We can try to face our fears. But we still need to know how to catch it"

"We will figure that out. We always do" Scott said to her.

"Oh, it is nice to see that someone hasn't lost their optimism" Derek spoke up.

Scott shook his head as he answered "Not yet"

"I have" Stiles said staring at the ground in front of his just over the table.

"We will buy you time Scott" Lydia said as she looked at Stiles "Who knows? Maybe Jackson has an answer"

"Maybe Argent will come back with one" Malia said.

"You two. You're with me. And we need Peter. Anyone who can help stop this thing or slow it down" Scott said.

"Where are we headed?" I asked.

"The high school" Scott answered.

"That's where we're gonna find this thing?" Derek asked.

Claudia squealed as she was jumping in Derek's arms.

"No" Scott said shaking his head "It'll find us"

"Okay, let's go" Lydia said.

Derek put Claudia back and began strapping her in.

"Caitlin, you don't have to do this" Scott said walking over to me.

I stood next to Derek "No I have to"

"What about Claudia?" Derek asked.

"I'm sure dad is busy so the only other person I trust with her is Erin" I said.

"Okay, we'll drop her off there" Derek said.

"No, Jake will look there. There's somewhere else. Let's go. I'll call Erin from the car"

~

After dropping off Claudia we entered the school. Scott, Malia, Derek, and I. The lights weren't on but we got light from outside. As we walked in we noticed someone standing in the hall. They were turned to stone. The closer we got the more I recognized, it was Peter.