May 4, 2014

May 4, 2014 (Age: 16)

Again, time continued to pass for the two boys. They adapted to their odd situation with a certain... flair. They continued how they had before Killua had dropped the big bomb, but this time Killua explained what his whole life was like. He told Gon about how there were more figments like him out in the world, protecting kids and living fulfilling lives, underneath of what could only be described as the council.

The council— as Killua explained— was a group of figments with the higher power that dictated what children were matched with who and ran the community. They rarely ever called on someone or were ever in contact with others of his kind, but they were a law of the figments.

"Killua, are you up here?" Gon whispered as he crept into his dark bedroom after having dinner with his family. They still didn't know about Killua as the two had decided that it'd only warrant concern.

Killua rolled over— having been laying on Gon's bed— onto his back and groaned slightly. "Yeah, what'cha eat tonight?"

"Spaghetti, nothing too big."

"Hmmm," he hummed before looking over at Gon. After four years, both of them had grown up— seeing as Killua aged with Gon. Gon had grown with broad shoulders, getting to be taller than Killua by three inches. He had finally grown into his baby face, strong and prominent cheekbones and his jawline making any girl swoon. Even as he grew, he had never lost that innocence that glistened within the swirls of amber and caramel that were his eyes.

Killua had just seemed to get sharper as he grew. His eyes were that of a cats, round, but with pointed ends, his irises shining with a playful deep ocean blue. He was tall and lean, Gon often teased him for having lady's hips, and his legs consisted of the majority of his height.

"So, what do you plan on eating tomorrow?"

Gon laughed slightly before jumping onto the bed beside Killua. "I swear, you're more into food than at least ten teens combined."

"I guess that's what comes with not ever trying any."

They went quiet before Killua sat up and looked out the window. "It's so weird, growing old."

"Yeah, it is."

A breeze shook the branches of the trees to the forest and Killua pulled his legs into his stomach. "The council talked to me," he whispered, not looking over at Gon.

That caused Gon to stop breathing for a second before he looked down at Killua, who seemed so much smaller than ever before. "What'd they say?"

Quiet, then a hefty breath filled the room as Killua pulled his head up to look at Gon. His cheeks were damp, Gon didn't notice it when he came into the room, and now his felt his heart drop into his stomach as Killua's bottom lip began to quiver.

"I have to leave,"

Gon's world exploded, recreated itself, then ceased to exist within a second. Gon stared, disbelief sound painting his face as he watched Killua's eyebrows frown and the tears streaming down those pale cheeks.

That's when he noticed that tears were leaking from his own eyes. He wiped them away and then scooted closer to Killua. "Why?"

Killua turned his head back towards the window, watching the trees move, the leaves reflecting the moonlight as the wind brushed by. "Apparently there's something important I need to do now or something... to be honest, I stopped listening when they said I had to go,"

Nodding Gon took a deep breath, trying to stay as calm so he wouldn't go on a rampage that would prove to be unsuccessful. "When do you have to go?"

"They gave me a day. Sorry that day had be on your birthday," Killua laughed, voice croaking slightly.

Pausing for a second, Gon stared out the window as well, "Then we'll do whatever. We aren't gonna let this get the best of us."

Killua smiled, looking over to return Gon's determined stare. "Have we ever?"