October 5th, 2014

October 5th, 2014 (Age: 17)

When he woke up a sudden pressure pushed his body into the ground he lay on. It was overwhelming and the feel of the grass on his fingers, the wind blowing past him. It felt like he was being crushed, breathing becoming a task on its own, so he didn't budge. He continued to lay in the wet grass, slowly working up the courage to try to move his fingers and play with the grass, the grass that tickled his palm, the grass he could feel.

A choke came out of his throat at the sensation and he raised his other hand to cover his mouth to prevent himself from making any more noises. The rise of his chest began to slow to a normal pace as he familiarized himself with the new-found weight. Pale skin bristled at the push and tug on the wind and he laughed. He felt the cold.

WOrking his body to sit himself up, he finally looked around at his surroundings, spotting the waterfall and making his body work to crawl towards it. Noticing the great distance, he fought against gravity to finally stand up, stumbling a bit when he succeeded in completely standing up and walking towards the pool at the bottom of the fall.

Falling back onto his knees he stuck a hesitantly stuck his finger into the water, feeling the chill crawl all the way up his arm and down his spine, raising his hand to watch as the water crawled down his hand, rather than pass right through.

A smile graced his face as he stared at the waterfall, at the water, and he covered his mouth to hide how his smile grew.

"It worked," he whispered, noticing the hot breath on his hands as he spoke, as he breathed. He jumped up and spun slightly head tilting towards the sky. "It worked," he declared to the world, completely beaming.

Continuing to embrace the new sensations he was feeling, his smile held the same intensity from moments before and his mind was racing. There was so much for him to do, so much he could do, and he wasn't going to waste two hours laying down in the grass. Not when he could finally try out those chocolate's Gon would always show him. Not when he could finally read the books that peeked his interests whenever Gon went the library for school.

Not when he could finally see Gon again.

At the notion of Gon, he felt giddy at all the things they could finally do and how they could hang out with him looking completely insane.

"Killua?" a voice said from behind him and he quickly turned around, receiving a slight whiplash.

Once his eyes focused and the pain in his head subsided, he saw Gon emerged from the forest and staring at him in disbelief. His heart flew at the sight of Gon and he couldn't help but let a giddy smile consume his face.

"Gon," he whispered to himself. He couldn't believe the chances, how lucky he was to have everything given to him.

"Gon," he shouted, allowing his feet to carry him in Gon's direction at a full sprint, and Gon dropped whatever was in his hand and raced forward, before stopping short. But Gon stopping didn't even phase Killua as he continued to run, slamming into the taller boys chest. He latched his arms around Gon's neck and buried his face into the tanned neck.

Tears were streaming down his face now and he just held tighter to Gon, like he was the only thing weighing him down to earth. He was so warm and it felt so safe to be by Gon. He didn't care that he was winded because of his running or that his face was sticky and hot because of the tears. He only cared that Gon was there.

That's when he felt Gon's arms snake around his waist and his head slot itself into his shoulder. Killua silently chuckled as he felt Gon's own tears begin to build upon his shirt.

"You're real," Gon whispered suddenly and Killua just nodded frantically. "You're... god, Killua, I missed you so much."

Killua croaked a laugh and held on tighter, "I missed you too."