07; words as weapons

Keep me locked up in your broken mind. I keep searchin', never been able to find a light behind your dead eyes. Not anything at all.

- Seether

❖ ❖ ❖

CHAPTER SEVEN - WORDS AS WEAPONS

D E X T E R

"You're not doing this alone." Rick said to Glenn, who was sat on the floor and leaning against a cabinet next to T-Dog and Dexter. They were all gathered in a small office of the lab, discussing the plan on how to get the guns in least problematic way possible.

Daryl was perched on a desk, leaning on his knee with his crossbow in his right hand, resting on the floor. "Even I think it's a bad idea and I don't even like you much."

"It's a good idea, okay, if you just hear me out." Glenn protested.

"We should hear the kid out, he's had a few good ideas in the past." Dexter shrugged. Rick glanced at her, contemplating, before nodding a Glenn and then he crouched down next to him.

"If we go out there in a group, we're slow, drawing attention. If I'm alone, I can move fast. Look." The pizza boy explained, leaning over the self drawn map and moving a few pieces. "That's the tank, five blocks from where we are now. That's the bag of guns. Here's the alley I dragged you into when we first met. That's where Daryl, Dexter and I will go."

"Both of us?" The Bay Harbour Butcher raised a brow as she peeked at Daryl's reaction. He was narrowing his eyes slightly at Glenn, but it was barely noticeable to anyone other than herself who was extremely observant.

"Your machete and his crossbow are quieter than his gun." Glenn pointed out, motioning toward Rick. He then went back to the map, placing a gum packet down. "While Daryl and Dexter wait here in the alley, I run up the street, grab the bag."

"But you got us elsewhere?" Rick questioned, referring to T-Dog and himself.

"You and T-Dog, right." Glenn grabbed an eraser and put it down in another area of the map. "You'll be in this alley here."

"Two blocks away? Why?"

"I may not be able to come back the same way. Walkers might cut me off. If that happens, I won't go back to Dexter and Daryl. I'll go forward instead, all the way around to that alley where you guys are." Glenn told the people surrounding the table, "Whichever direction I go, I got you in both places to cover me. Afterwards, we'll all meet back here."

"Hey, kid, what'd you do before all this?" Daryl questioned, seemingly interested.

"Delivered pizzas. Why?" Glenn stated and Dexter's upper lip curved up in amusement.