09; strange days

I'm livin' in the strange days, I'm livin' in a world that I don't know. Get ready for the dark age, I'm livin' in the strange days so say goodbye to the silence, we can dance to the sirens. Strange days here we go.

- Three Days Grace

❖ ❖ ❖

CHAPTER NINE - STRANGE DAYS

D E X T E R

The camp was eerily quiet as most of the group lived to see another day, the aftermath of the walker attack fully on display in the early morning sun. Bodies were littered across the campsite, both loved ones of the group and the walkers that had killed them.

A selection of people, consisting of Daryl, Glenn, T-Dog, Morales and Dexter were designated to help clean up the bodies. Dexter and Daryl went around stabbing them in the head with pickaxes to make sure they were dead while Glenn, Morales and T-Dog moved and burned the bodies. Deceased camp members were separated, ready to be buried in the holes that Jim had dug the day before in his former delirious state.

Andrea was the quietest out of all of them, hunched over Amy's dead figure and barely blinking as the rest of the group stared at her in worry.

"She still won't move?" Rick asked in concern to Shane, Lori and Debra.

"She won't even talk to us." Lori replied.

"She's been there all night. What do we do?" Debra looked up to Rick from the ground, looking to him for the answer. She admired him, he'd gone through hell to find his family and pulled their little mismatched group of survivors together in such a short amount of time. If anyone could convince Andrea of letting Amy go, it was him.

"Can't just leave Amy like that. We need to deal with it same as the others." Shane voiced as he meddled with a random stick from the dying fire in front of them.

"I'll tell her how it is." Rick nodded in agreement and tried to approach Andrea, but she pulled out her gun on him. "Andrea..."

"I know how the safety works." The blonde glared, her gun aiming directly at his head.

He back off slowly, "All right. Okay. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

"Y'all can't be serious. Let that girl hamstring us? The dead girl's a time bomb." Daryl protesteted as Rick made his way back. Dexter had joined them too, sitting beside Deb and staring intently at Andrea.

It would be so easy to just go over there and stop this argument in a few seconds. Granted, Andrea would most likely put a bullet in her, but what made Amy any different from the other members of the group that died? They hadn't gotten any special treatment.

Although, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to do that, Dexter would come across as heartless and inhumane, she had a fake reputation to uphold to hide her identity - she couldn't risk that.