1 ➢ cheating & chuckling

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

mackenzie ziegler

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

i wake up to a familiar sound that i hear every weekday, my alarm clock. i groan and roll over repetitively hitting the snooze button. my eyes light up as i remember that today i have teachers only day. yep, that's right, no school. i rip the charger cord out of my phone, tapping in my password before immediately hitting instagram, scrolling through my feed for about 20 minutes.

i decide it's probably a good time to get up and ready for the day. i walk over to the window, ripping the curtains to reveal another window, with the curtains. i chuckle to myself, walking to my desk grabbing a small stone out of my makeup brush holder, aiming into the center of the window. 10 seconds later, the curtains come flying open to reveal and shirtless, tired johnny.

who johnny do you ask? johnny and i have been friends for 3 years now and have stuck by the hip for those 3 years. everyone in the school and i mean everyone, thinks we are dating. no, we aren't if your wondering. just great friends.

"morning sleepy head." i chuckle, i realise he's shirtless, which gives my eyes a hard time staying up at his eyes.

"why did you wake me up," he whines, rubbing his eyes. i gulp trying to keep my eyes focused on his eyes. no, this isn't the first time seeing him shirtless, but the lighting of the morning sun was making his abs even more visible than they are on a regular day.

"because your coming over today, because my mum is out with greg and maddie is going out with jack." i stick my tongue out at him and smile.

"fine," he chuckles. "you need to get yourself a boyfriend." he points at me with his pointer finger.

"yeah, yeah. whatever," i roll eyes. "see you soon." i give him the finger, before turning around and start to get ready. i walk into my closet picking out a simple, yet comfy outfit for the day. my bedroom door swings open revealing maddie. 

"mum and i are leaving now, catch you later," she says, and before i could answer the door slams shut again, following with footsteps running down the steps. i hear the front door shut, which means i am officially home alone. i go downstairs, chucking some cereal in a bowl with some milk. 

a knock is heard at the front door, me already knowing it johnny i allow him to come in. "i'm in the kitchen!" i yell, placing the glass bowl into the sink.

"hey loser," he pokes his tongue out at me. i frown at his actions, before giving him the biggest smile i can.

"hi," i smile. "want anything to eat while we're in the kitchen?" he shakes his head and gives a calm smile. "then let's go and kick some ass in mario kart!" i run into the living room with johnny behind me.

•••

"that's so unfair you cheater!" johnny shouts as i kick my feet up in eagerness. 

"finally i won!" i turn to johnny, who has a frown on his face. "ha, you lost." i poke his cheek as he opens his mouth trying to bite my finger. i rest my head on his lap as i look up at his face. he looks down, i admire his emerald green eyes. "you have nice eyes." i chuckle, looking at the blush forming on his checks. 

"your silly." he laughs, tilting his head back. 

"i'm serious!" i laugh. "my eyes are brown and boring." i grudge, wishing i had a stunning blue eye or a striking green eye.

"whatever you say ziegler," he shakes his head. "wanna make cookies?" he blurts. my eyes light up.

"hell yes!" i jump off the couch and sliding into the kitchen. "grab some ingredients sista!"

•••

"johnny!" i squeak as he wipes some cookie dough onto the tip of my nose. i shake my head as he sits there looking at me giggling like a little girl. "help me put them into cookie shapes, so we can get them in the oven!" i laugh, trying my hardest to make perfect cookies.

johnny stands slightly behind me, one hand supporting him on either side of my body. i blush, trying to concentrate on making the cookies. he places his head on my shoulder and carefully watches me place cookie dough on some baking paper. "i think i'll let you do the rest." he whispers in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. 

i carefully lift the baking tray and turn around to face the oven. johnny opens up the oven door and looks up smiling at me. i place the try in the oven, closing the oven door and setting the timer. I stand back up and look up at johnny. "now we wait 30 minutes." i smile.