12➢ shots & screaming

omg that you all for 1,000 reads xo love you all

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

johnny orlando

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"you all good bro?" carson laughs, patting me on the back. i raise my eyebrows and give him a small smile. "don't let kenzie get in your way." he narrows his pointer finger at me. i nod taking a big gulp of my water.

"okay boys, gather around." the coach yells, we do what he says and gather around in a big circle. "now boys," he starts. "you do know this is our biggest game of the year and we need to win." he emphasizes his 'need'. we all nod agreeing with him. "anyone have any good tips before we head out?" he asks all of us. carson raises his hand. 

"not to let anything distract us." he looks at me specifically. i look down at the floor trying to get kenzie out of my mind.

"good one carson, hayden?" he points at hayden with his hand up.

"space out, and not crowd together." he states.

"okay cool." coach nods. "okay boys on the count of 3 say tigers."

"3,"

"2,"

"1."

"tigers!" we all scream, making sure the other team hears. 

we all walk out of the changing rooms out into the gymnasium full of screams. the cheerleaders on either side of us cheering us on. my eyes automatically fall on kenzie, standing up clapping her hands smiling at me. carson notices and taps my shoulder. "basketball. not kenzie." i nod, gulping already knowing that it's going to be impossible. 

the other team enters the gymnasium not earning as many claps as us, as this is a home game. we all give each other a little hipe up before the ref blows the whistle. the game starts are we are off.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

mackenzie ziegler

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

brynn and i settled back into our seats after going to get popcorn from the food truck just outside the gymnasium. we all just are having a light chatter before we hear the whistle blow, indicating the game has started.

everyone in the audience stands up, cheering their own team on. like i said this game is the biggest game of the season and everyone wants there chosen team to win.

-

the game was coming to an end and the score was 64-59 to us, but currently, the opposite team was on a roll, getting the ball off us every time we would just get it. i could tell by the look on johnny's face he was getting angrier by the second. he would look up at me every 1-2 minutes and his face would relax but as soon as he turned back to the ball his jaw clenched. well, we now know i have an effect on johnny.

there were exactly 2 minutes left of the game and me, brynn and lauren were screaming so loud our throats were burning. johnny had just snatched the ball off the opposite team, making me scream even louder. he went for the shot but missed. i sighed for him, while i watched him curse. he shook his head and started to walk off the court, his coach yelling at him telling him to get back on the court.

"go after him!" lauren shouts, over everyone's screams. brynn nods her head agreeing with her. i quickly pick up my phone and race down the gymnasium stairs chasing after him. i walk down the corridor to see him sitting on the ground with his head in his hands, gripping his hair.

"john." i calmly say. his head shoots up and blankly stares at me. i sit down next to him, laying my head on his shoulder. "i miss you." i whisper, as he lays his head on top of mine.

"i'm sorry."

-

omg im so sorry this took forever ewiruhgjkerg