2 ➢ fights & movies

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

mackenzie ziegler

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

i hear the front door open as me and johnny snuggle up watching a movie while eating our freshly baked cookies. "hey lovebirds." my mum, melissa says as she dumps all the groceries onto the kitchen counter. 

"hey melissa."

"hey mum." 

johnny and i say in unison. "oh, would you look at that. you two hang out with each other so much you say the same things at the same time." she laughs. johnny's phone vibrates on the coffee table, he picks it up checking the message.

"oh it's mum," he says ready the text message. "i've gotta go, facetime me later." he kisses the top of my head. 

"yep," i smile. "catch you later john!" i shout as he leaves.

"bye kenz!" and before i know it the door clicks shut. i sink back into the couch scrolling through my phone.

"so," i turn around facing mum in the kitchen, unloading all the groceries into there places. "has johnny manned up yet?" she questions me, raising her eyebrows.

"mum, how much do i need to tell you, we are just friends!" i turn back around, focusing back on the movie. the front door slams open, both of our heads whip around focusing on someone called by the name, greg. 

"melissa! where are you!" he shouts, echoing through the house. i back into the couch, trying to hide. 

"i'm in here, greg!" she shouts, her voice cracking, making me more scared. his large feet walk into the living room, his eyes scanning the room before the meet mine. his jaw is clenched.

"you!" i whimper at his loud voice. "where is your mother!". before i could answer, my mum's whisper, loud enough for greg to hear comes from the kitchen. his head rotates to towards the kitchen, his eyes light up at the sight of my mum, then he turns his head back to me, he huffs in anger. "next time its you, brat" i gulp and look at my mum, i could tell she wasn't trying to show any fear, she was trying to be strong. 

greg walks into the kitchen, mum waves her hand indicating me to go upstairs. i push myself of the couch, running as fast as i can to my room. i reach my door to my room, quietly shutting it before turning the lock. again, i reach to my makeup brush holder, grabbing a small pebble, launching it at johnny's window. tears falling down my face as i impatiently wait for johnny to come to the window.

a figure appears at the closed window. johnny's smile turns to a frown, as he see's my tear-stained face. he immediately pulls open the window, putting a hand out for me to grab. without a doubt, i grab his hand and pull myself through to his bedroom. his arms immediately wrap around my waist pulling me into a warm hug. i cry into his shoulder as his hands rub my back in comfort.

"what was it about this time?" he whispers in my ear, still rubbing my back.

"j-johnny," i croak, pulling away from our hug. "he threatened me." i sniff. "he's never done that before." i whimper, replaying his sentence through my brain.

"what did he say?" he asks curiously, looking at me dead in the eye.

"he said, 'next time it's you, brat'" i look down at my feet, choking on my tears. he envelops me into another hug, resting his head on top of mine. 

"come on, let's sit you down." he guides me to his bed. i rest my head on his chest as he strokes my hair, watching some random show on his t.v mounted on the wall.

"thank you, john." i sniff

•••

woo jenzie man