4➢ hugs & math

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

mackenzie ziegler

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"brynn!" i squeal, running down the school hallway, earning looks from people crowding in the hallway. i wrap my arms around her neck tightly.

"kenz, your choking me." she coughs out, laughs heard from around our friend circle. i unwrap myself from the tight hug, admiring her tanned skin.

"woah! brynn you tanned!" i laugh, as she never tans, she burns instead.

"hey! thats rude!" she hits my arm, laughing in the process. 

"kenzie, why do i never get that big of a reunion when you see me?" johnny pouts across the circle.

"because i see you everyday, loser." i roll my eyes.

"jenzie is still remaining i see." brynn wiggles her eyebrows. i look up to see johnny blushing, then i realise i'm doing the exact same. i try to laugh it off, making it look like i'm annoyed about it. i look up at johnny once more to see he's staring directly at me.

oh johnny orlando, i have hella heart eyes for you.

•••

kenzieboo; omg mr.bryant is sooooo annoying

byrnnbabe; don't even get me started

haydensum; ha i have a free period

kenzieboo; don't brag mate

juanorlando; um excuse all of you I HAVE MISS.JULIAN

banannie; rip

kenzieboo; okay you win this time juan 

carsonlueders; im actually trying to learn here so SHUT UP

banannie; woah someones salty

byrnnbabe; oof kenzie got her phone taken away

banannie; rip

juanorlando; is that all you say annie 

banannie; lol byrnn got get phone taken 

banannie; bye kids i dont want mine gone too

•••

"hey guys." i smile as i sit down in between brynn and johnny at the table. they all return with a simple 'hi' or a 'hello'.

"thanks for getting my phone taken off me, kenz." she playfully rolls her eyes.

"hey! mine got taken away first." i hit her side with my elbow. she pretends to be hurt by clutching on to her side.

"hey now, we don't support violence here at eastbrook high." hayden announces, lifting his eyebrows. i roll my eyes and turn to my left to see johnny staring straight at me.

"your staring," i whisper in my ear, causing him to blush and me to laugh. i hear him whisper a small 'sorry'. i smile and lay my head on his shoulder.

"we have math together next." he says, only making me hear, as everyone else is in their own conversation. he leans his head against mine.

"yuck," i scoff. "sit next to me?" i question him.

"when have i not sat next to you mackenzie."  i smile, knowing he will always sit with me without a doubt. "are you going to carson's party this weekend?" he asks.

"i don't know," i think. "brynn will probably make me go." i say.

"i'll take you." he says.

"okay," i whisper before we get rudely interrupted by the bell. "let's head to math then." i roll my eyes and peel myself off the chair. both johnny and i stroll down the long hallways making our way to the math classroom.

"have i ever told you, you are beautiful?" johnny leans down and whispers in my ear.

"trying to flirt, orlando?" i try to cover up my blush, that was rapidly forming on my cheeks.

"maybe. maybe not." he winks as we enter our scody, old maths classroom. we both sit at the back at a two-seater table, placing our bags underneath the desk, grabbing our math book out of it. "one more hour till we are out for the... monday." johnny fist pumps the air, but then realising its only monday.

"steady on, it's only monday," i laugh. "we still have 4 more days off school left for the week." he sighs.

"i hate school." he slouches down in his seat.

"i'm pretty sure everyone does, john," i focus my eyes towards our teacher.

"can i at least drive you home from school? i'm pretty sure that will make my monday better." he sneakily asks, before the teacher starts talking.

"sure," i whisper, chuckling shortly afterward.

•••

"we're free!" johnny shouts, walking out of our math classroom. "i just wanna sleep." he trots down the hallway, his legs going slightly weak making him walk funny.

"johnny!" i whisper-yell slapping his arm. "walk properly. people are giving you the stares." i chuckle, making him fix his posture.

"i don't care what they think," he pretends to flip imaginary hair. "because i'm johnny orlando." he struts. i shake my head at his impression of a 'popular girl' he says.

"can we go through the drive-through at starbucks." i whine, craving starbucks

"fine, only if you pay." he starts up the car, driving out of the school parking lot.

"you payed last time, so it's only fair if i pay this time." i roll my eyes.

•••

yo

wanted to get this chapter up bc i have a good chapter next woop get ready lol