Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1

 .

Chase's POV

 .

I bought some pasta for me to eat, heading back to me and my friend's usual table, I saw them, about to finish their food. I put the plate down, and started to sit down on my seat.

"Let's break up." Kylie said, as she stands up.

"Wha-" I was cutted off by her, turning her back on me.

"I'm sorry." She said, walking away.

She caught me by surprise, the thought of eating leaving my mind. A few seconds later, our other friends followed. I was surprised, i didn't bother on looking around if anyone saw what happened.

I stared at my food. Asking myself, "What did I do wrong?" I shake my head in disbelief, the girl i love left me, so are my friends. 

I stood of from my seat, leaving the food untouch.

"Hey...!" A familiar voice called out, I stopped from walking away. I looked at her.

"Are you-" Kate stopped herself. "Okay..." she mumbled.

She probably understand the look I gave her. I resumed on walking away, thinking on "What on earth happened." But before I start on thinking, the bell rang, signalling the Lunch is over.

I glanced to where Kate and her friends are.

"Hurry up or I'll help you on finishing your food Kate!" Alexa shouted. "Come on guys!" She shouted at them.

"Brain freeze!" One of her friends shouted.

"Well who told you to drink your chocolate shake?" Alexa deadpanned.

"Just shut up and help me." The girl mumbled.

She helped them for a few seconds and after that, they left, running to their corresponding classrooms. 

Classrooms. It didn't help that they were my classmates.

I looked at my friends. They were laughing, as if nothing happened.

What kind of friends do I have anyway? I thought when your sad, they would be there, backing you up, making your day, and won't let you down. 

But... what happened?

*****

.

After the last period, I walked away from them. Friends would chase you, if you walked away.

I went to the empty benches near the Baseball area.

I sat down on one of it. 

I watched as some students played the empty field, throwing their frisbees and some were playing baseball, just throwing the ball and hitting it with a bat.

I recalled on what happened to me. The first love I had, was now my Ex-girlfriend, the bestfriends I thought were not just avoiding me like a plague, but they made me invisible in their eye's radar, and the Grades i tried to lift up was falling.

What happened?

Everything happened in that relationship, I was not just blinded by love, but happiness also. The time they took it all away, the time I realized that there were no permanent things in this world.

"Chase!" Someone called out. The shout brought me back to reality, out of my thoughts, I snapped, looking up. I saw the ball coming fast to my face.

Because of my reflexes as a student and an athlete, I caught the ball with ease. The guys who were playing went running to my way.

"Hey man, sorry 'bout that." He said.

"Because Lucas here... is a noob." The guy said with a grin.

"I'm not." Lucas mumbled. "Sorry." He said.

"So, can we have the ball?" The guy asked.

"Sure..." I mumbled, handing him the ball.

The two turned their back on me, "Next time, make it fly towards me, not the one behind or your side." The guy told Lucas.

"Thanks." I mumbled, knowing that the person who called out was still there.

"No probs." She answered me, I looked at her, It's Alexa. "What ever your problem is, here, to cool you off." She told me, giving me her Ice cream. I looked at her incredulously. "I didn't lick it." She mumbled, blushing a bit. "Just accept it." She commanded.

"Thanks... again." I told her.

"No problem, I got to go." She said, walking away.

I never knew this school sells Ice cream.