Chapter 3

"We can't do this!" Seto muttered, as he paced across his study, clearly worried. "I need to find a way to stop this!"

After a few minutes of complete silence, other than the tapping of his shoes on the wooden floor of his study, Seto saw Tyler, his assistant and friend, enter the cottage but most people called it a lab, due to the magical experiments that Seto did there. Tyler wore his usual red and black checkered plaid jacket over a grey shirt and a pair of jeans.

Tyler carefully shut the door. The pile of books he had stacked in his hands wobbled slightly and that caused Tyler's golden brown eyes to widen slightly in panic before returning to normal as the books steadied. Seto stopped pacing and quickly muttered a spell to keep the books from falling, not really in the mood to clean them up off of the floor. The books glowed a light purple as they straightened back into the orderly stack Tyler had put them in.

Tyler didn't seem to notice the books moving back into place as he slowly crossed the room to get to the lab's rather large library. As soon as he entered the library, the books glowed purple again and flew to their proper places on the shelves.

"Hello, Tyler," Seto said, walking out of his study and into the library behind Tyler. Tyler jumped at his words but relaxed as soon as he recognized Seto's voice.

"Oh! Hi, Seto! I thought you'd be gone by now," Tyler said turning around to face the sorcerer in question.

"We would have been if Ian and Quentin hadn't taken so long to show up. I'm glad they didn't show up though. That means we have another twelve hours to think of a solution to this problem before we leave!" Seto explained, mentally thanking Ian and Quentin for taking forever doing whatever it was they had been doing causing them to be late.

"No sleep before a trip? Seto, you realize that would greatly decrease your magical capabilities, especially if there's as much dark magic in the Hollows as you say there is," Tyler said, his concern for his friend and teacher evident.

"Relax, Tyler! I think I may have already got a solution or at least a way to lessen the peril that is this trip," Seto explained hurriedly. "But maybe we should discuss this somewhere else."

Seto turned and walked back into his study, Tyler following behind him. Tyler had learned in his first few weeks of being Seto's assistant and apprentice that Seto was a paranoid person, so he didn't question Seto's request of talking in his study. Seto wasn't an overly paranoid person. He just didn't trust people that easy, which was completly fine with Tyler.

Seto entered the room with Tyler right behind him. Tyler shut the door and waited for Seto to say what he was going to say.

Seto turned to Tyler. "You should come along!" Seto said.

So that was his idea, Tyler thought begrudgingly. He wasn't totally against the plan, but this was one of the only times Tyler had seen Seto rely on his magical abilities and that pressure was terrifying to Tyler. "I-I don't think I'm ready," Tyler says finally after a few minutes of silence.

"Tyler, don't worry. You're ready for this," Seto said, almost reading Tyler's worried thoughts. "You've been training with me for three and a half years! You have this. Please, you don't have to use much magic, just when mine isn't enough, alright?"

Tyler sighed. "I guess I don't have much of a choice, huh?" he said finally.

Seto beamed. "I knew you'd come around!" he cheered. "Now, we both should get some rest for tomorrow, don't want to be low on mana."

Tyler nodded and left Seto's office heading to his own room. He wasn't thrilled about the next day, but it'd be a learning opportunity for sure.

Seto sighed, watching Tyler leave. He still wasn't sure he made the right call about bringing Tyler along and stayed up for another hour trying to think of other solutions, but eventually, Seto gave up and went to his room to sleep so he wasn't completely drained of mana.

~Meanwhile in the Hollows~

~Galaxia's POV~

Rose finally let me have control back. I stared in silence for a bit at the two dead bodies before me. After an hour or so I stopped staring and put a white rose on each of the boys, as a trademark of min- no, sorry a trademark of Rose's.

I teleported them to the edge of the forest where someone would eventually find them. Feeling slightly depressed, I made my way back to our house. Maybe I could preoccupy myself there so that I wouldn't think about the amount of blood on my hands, I thought, knowing it wasn't true.

Oh, come on you  know you enjoyed it. Admit it.

Rose was about to make another snide comment because of my thoughts I could tell, so I quickened my pace towards home, not really wanting to listen to her..

As I walked by the dark wood trees, I came to a small birch. Kneeling at the birch, I bent it slightly. I let go and it sprung back to its upright position. A light purple dome could be seen around me.

"A shame that this beautiful dome will be gone tomorrow. After all of that hard work too," I sighed for I had spent a great deal of time making sure that the dome would protect us from all prying eyes," Nothing can live forever, I suppose.

It's a freaking dome. Grow up.

I walked through the dome and a three-story mansion appeared in front of me like it always does when we enter the dome. I made this house, yet it's so boring, at least now it is.

I can't wait for the Arrival. Then we can leave this forest. I'll miss it, sure, but the outside world is so full of new adventures that I simply can't wait!

Ok. So...................

That's a thing.

My offer still stands, ya know. I need characters. 

So, um,  just send me some info or a name if it's a youtuber or something and I'll add them in 'cause I can't make up characters very well.

Thanks, and Bye!