2

January 16, 7:30 am

January 16, 7:30 am. School Gym.

It is way too early to be at school. But that's how tryouts work. Cheer tryouts to be exact. To be honest, cheer wasn't Y/N's style. Well, sports, in general, wasn't her style at all. But because of one particular person, she was surprisingly convinced. The only reason she is doing this is that of her best friend, Mina. 

While Y/N was busy "tying her shoes" instead of stretching, a familiar voice called out to her in confusion.

"Y/N?" 

Recognizing that voice, Y/N lifted her head up and was indeed met with the person she had expected it to be. However, even if she had correctly guessed the person she still gave them a look of surprise.

"Jungkook? What are you doing here this early?"

Jungkook stood there in a hoodie and joggers, a bag slung over his shoulder. He raised a questioning eyebrow at her.

"I could ask you the same question" he replied with a chuckle.

Y/N gave a tired sigh before telling him the real reason she was at school this early.

"Ok, don't laugh. But I'm here to do cheer tryouts because of my best friend"

Anyone who hears the words "don't laugh" will automatically want to laugh. Jungkook's eyes slightly widened in surprise by her words. Jungkook couldn't help but to slightly cover his mouth with a hand while trying to hold a laugh in. 

However, this doesn't go unnoticed by Y/N.

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO LAUGH" she screeched before raising up a hand, ready to strike at Jungkook any moment. 

"YIKES DON'T HURT ME" Jungkook gasped while moving to the side to avoid Y/N's hands.

"So then why are you here so early?" Y/N sassed back to Jungkook.

"Me? I'm here to train for football season"

Y/N gave him a mixed look of confusion and surprise.

"Football? You play football?" 

Jungkook could only give her an offended look by her comment.

"Pft what? You mean you didn't know?"

"Know what"

"That I'm the star football player in the school!" Jungkook said with pride, a confident smirk displayed on his face.

Y/N looked up at him with blank eyes.

"Y/N, did you really not know?" Jungkook asked, slightly surprised that she in fact really didn't know.

Y/N shook her head. She was never into sports or all that jazz in the first place, which is why she never even knew about Jungkook all that well.

"No, I don't keep up with sports in general" Y/N said with slight embarrassment.