15

April 23rd, 7:15 pm. Lake.

Jungkook roughly shoved Jimin away from him before instantly running down to save Y/N.

Jimin couldn't do anything but stand there in shock, watching Jungkook dive down into the water. 

Jungkook didn't even care about Jimin at this point. His number one priority right now was to save Y/N. Diving down further and further, Jungkook felt the cold water taking effect to his body.

It was getting harder for him to hold his breath any longer.

But he wasn't going to give up just yet.

Reaching his arm down, Jungkook felt the slight touch of Y/N's fingertips and hurriedly swam deeper to try and grab her hand.

He could feel the need for oxygen.

He had to hurry.

Jungkook finally got a grasp of Y/N's hand and gripped her tightly before swimming back up to the surface. Jungkook reached the surface and whipped his head above the water, taking in gulps of air to try and regain his breathing. With Y/N laying unconscious in his arms, he paddled over to shore before laying her down on the rocky ground. 

Glancing up towards the bridge, Jungkook saw no sight of Jimin anyway.

"Fuck" he muttered. He quickly leaned over to feel her pulse and to check her breathing.

No breathing.

"No, no Y/N please" Jungkook mumbled, tears welling up in his eyes. He began to pump her chest, remembering that one Office episode on first aid.

"Ah ah ah ah staying alive" he mentally sang as he pushed her chest. It still wasn't enough as she wasn't breathing yet. Panicking, he hurried and placed his mouth over hers, breathing in air to try and get her breathing back.

"Please, Y/N" he begged out loud.

He tried everything he could.

"I'm not losing you like this" Jungkook cried, trying everything he can to save her.

"You're going to be ok I promise" Jungkook whispered, his tears rolling down his face. He continued to listen for any signs of breathing. 

Jungkook kept trying mouth to mouth until he felt a slight hitch coming from Y/N.

He looked down, wiping his tears away with the back of his hand

"You're not going to die Y/N. I'll do everything I can for you" Jungkook mumbled, tears blurring his vision even more as he picked her up in his arms to get help.

April 24, 11:12 am. Hospital Room.

Y/N's head pounded as she slowly opened her eyes and squinted at the bright light in the room.

She didn't die.

Y/N glancing around the room, she looked down at the feeling of her hand intertwined with somebody else's. She slowly sat up looked down to see Jungkook with his head laying on the edge, his eyes closed in exhaustion. Instantly feeling a pain strike her head, she carefully laid back down while rubbing her temples.

Jungkook felt something stirring near him and lifted his head, looking around. He gasped at the sight of Y/N conscious and awake and instantly wrapped his arms around her in relief.

"Jungkook?" 

"Shh. Don't say anything" he whispered softly. Y/N didn't say anything and slowly relaxed in his arms. Jungkook pulled back, tears forming in his eyes. Y/N could feel tears forming in her eyes as well.

Jungkook was here with her.

She noticed Jungkook with tears in his eyes and quickly held out her hand to wipe them.

"I thought I lost you" Jungkook whispered, taking her hand in his. He glanced at her arms and neck.

Bruises.

He felt sick to his stomach at the sight of them.

Especially when they were from Jimin.

"What happened?" she whispered to Jungkook.

"Long story short, you fell into the water and I ran down to save you," he muttered.

"Thank you for saving me," she whispered, stroking her thumb over his hand.

"But what happened to Jimin?" she asked nervously. Jungkook didn't want to talk about him just yet.

He moved his hands to hold Y/N's cheek, looking into her eyes. He then slowly brought his face closer to hers, feeling her hands softly grasping his shirt.

Their faces inches apart, their lips coming closer before softly touching.

*KNOCK*

They both flinched in surprise before pulling away at the sudden knock.

"Who is it?" Y/N called out.

The door opened to reveal Daniel, Mina, and her mom.

"Y/N!" they all cried out while hurrying to hug her. Y/N looked at them with a weak smile.

"Hello everyone," she said softly.

"Are you ok?" Y/N's mom asked with a worried voice.

"Yeah, I'm fine" Y/N replied. As they were all talking to each other, Daniel quietly walked to the window to where Jungkook was.

"What happened after yesterday? Did you find Jimin?" Daniel whispered. Jungkook instantly lifted his head at the sound of Jimin's name. He turned to Daniel and gave him a nervous look.

"Um. I did" Jungkook stuttered. Daniel noticed Jungkook standing there, shifting uncomfortably.

"Are you ok? You're starting to turn pale. Maybe you need the doctor too" Daniel joked.

Jungkook could only give a nervous laugh.

"Why are you nervous then? Didn't things go ok?" 

"After Y/N fell into the water, I left Jimin and ran down to save her. But he was gone after that" Jungkook quietly whispered. Daniel's eyes widened in shock.

"He's gone?" 

All Jungkook could do was nod in disappointment.

"What are we supposed to do now? He could go after Y/N again" Daniel said with concern.

"I know. That's why I'm going to protect her until we find him again and lock up that sick bastard." Jungkook said with determination. 

~~~