Imagination

Warnings: Readers Death, Norman stabs reader

Norman watched you talk to one of the boys in your class, he didn't want to believe his mother but you'd never normally be talking to him so for a moment he thought that perhaps she might be right. The long walk home was silent and the way Norman kept staring at you was becoming unnerving.

"Is something wrong?" You asked quietly but Norman insisted he was fine.

All the way through your study session in the Bates' kitchen Norman spoke only when he had to staring at you occasionally but not in his usual loving way. When your phone rang you jumped up to answer it, stepping outside to talk to the caller.

"You were right Mother." Norman muttered as he looked up at Norma who had bustled into the kitchen. "She's very friendly with one of the boys in our class."

"I told you not to fall for her Norman, she's bad... she's probably on the phone with him now making plans for after she leaves here." Norma spat. When you hurried inside Norman glared at you making your nerves jump as his look stayed dark.

"Who was that?" Norman muttered.

"The boy I have to do a project with." You sighed.

"You're doing a project with him?" Norman asked coldly.

"Yeah I have to meet with him tomorrow afternoon so we can start working." You hummed as you turned back to your study papers.

He suddenly snapped and moved towards you, a sharp sensation hitting you in your stomach, when you looked down Noman's hand was clutching a knife which was the cause of the hot pain running through you.

"Norman?" You whispered before he pushed your chair backwards, sending you slamming into the ground and climbed onto you, hands wrapping around the knife again.

Tears dribbled down your cheeks as you realized there was none of your Norman there, his eyes were cold and empty. Not once did he answer to your attempts to get him to stop, he didn't seem to even know what was going on, he was just gone.

"Norman... stop!" Dylan yelled as he barged past a furious Norma. "I said stop"

"Dylan?" the force of colliding with the kitchen side seemed to knock some sense back into Norman and he suddenly became very aware of where he was.

"She wasn't cheating on you Norman." Dylan growled out as he tried to stop the bleeding and keep you conscious. "She was lying, Norma was lying."

"You can't know that, she was ditching Norman for that boy." Norma yelled at him.

"She didn't want to upset you, he was annoying her and getting to much for her to handle so she asked me to talk with him when she was waiting for you a few weeks ago... the teacher gave him her number because she's supposed to be tutoring him and doing a project." Dylan yelled at Norman who'd hurried to pry the phone out of his mother's hands, unable to look at you.

"Why didn't she tell Norman?" Norma asked as if she could convince Norman Dylan was lying.

"She didn't want him to feel bad for not being able to look after her how he wants to... come on (Y/N) just hold on." Dylan mumbled as Norman finished calling for paramedics.

Norman hurried over to you when you coughed, whispering desperate apologies as he cradled your face and kissed your forehead.

"Norman you should leave." Dylan mumbled when your chest stopped moving and your heartbeat slowed ad stuttered to a stop.

"What no I... the ambulance will be here any minute and she'll be fine." Norman convinced himself but his voice was high and desperate. "She's just kidding, she's still ok."

"Norman, go outside and wait for the ambulance." Dylan insisted.

"But she can't be dead." Norman muttered.

Norman stared down at your body, tears pouring out of him as he hurriedly did what Dylan told him and went outside. After several minutes the ambulance arrived and people bustled in and out of the house but Norman was gone again, the dark look settled over him as he stared down at his feet, refusing to look at the white sheet or the gurney that descended the stairs.

"Norman... why're you sad?" Your voice was soft and musical as you sat next to him, head leaning on his shoulder.

"(Y/N) ..." The boy whispered.

"I don't like it when you're sad Norman." You hummed.

"I'm not sad (Y/N)." Norman promised you and you smiled. "I am happy that you are with me."

"I'll never leave you Norman, I love you." You declared.

Norma and Dylan led Norman inside, the boy was Stoney with silence and ridged but there was something going on in the boy's head and Dylan was pretty sure loosing you had just made all of his brother's problems a thousand times worse.