Date

"H... hey (Y/N)." Norman stuttered as you walked up to him. You smiled and waved at Norma who was watching you from inside the office.

"Hey Norman, hello Mrs Bates." You smiled again when Norma nodded at you.

"Shall we go, Emma's busy so we'll have to walk." Norman muttered quickly as he followed you up the drive to the main road.

"Oh sure, I like walking anyway... so what have you got planned today?" You asked him as he glanced at you awkwardly and smiled as you happily skipped along next to him.

"It's a surprise." Norman said quietly.

He still couldn't believe you'd been willing to go out with him, it had taken him weeks to build up the courage to ask you out and when you said yes he thought he might faint. You linked arms with him as he grinned happily to himself.

*****************************************************

Norman led you to the ice-cream store, the two of you laughing as you chose, before he took your hand and you both walked to the docks. The afternoon was spent with legs dangled in the water as you both talked and baked in the slowly sinking sun, neither one wanting to go home when it eventually got dark.

He walked you home, stopping on the doorstep as you unlocked the front door. You turned expecting him to follow you inside, or at least ask to come in, instead he huffed awkwardly and wished you goodnight before kissing you sweetly and blushing.

"Goodnight Norman." You mumbled as he started to walk away from the house.

"Goodnight (Y/N) ... I'll see you tomorrow." He said with a wide wave.