Five: Surprise

Jen parked the car in front of her apartment complex, took her phone from Julia's outstretched hand, and climbed out of the car. She helped Julia with her luggage and they walked into the building. The elevator ride was long, and Jen just wanted to get into sweats and throw her hair up into a messy bun. Of course there had to be a surprise leaning against the door, next to Lana. He was tall, Irish, and so damn cute it was hard to resist kissing him right then. Jen smiled at Lana and pretended to ignore Colin, while Julia watched the two awkwardly greet each other. Jen was nothing but hostile towards Colin, but was completely happy greeting Lana. Jen unlocked the door and everyone but Colin came in. He shut the door behind the girls, locking it with a smile.

"Colin! Lana's already suspicious, come on." She whispered. The walls in this building were like paper. Colin wrapped his arms around her waist, and she just shut her mouth. He leaned in and kissed her lips, bringing a hand up to cup her cheek. She immediately responded, hoping Lana would just think they were talking.

"I'll go, Lana's going to figure it out." He said, pulling away. She shook her head and leaned in again.

"She probably already did, in there with my sister." She replied.

"I forgot about Julia. She'll probably have told Lana." Colin sighed. Jen nodded, biting her lip as she tried to think of a way to keep Lana from knowing now.

"She can keep a secret. She knows, and there's no way around it." Jen sighed.

"You sure?" Colin asked, brushing a strand of hair behhind her ear.

"Positive. Lana's been keeping my serets for years, why would she stop now?" Jen asked. Colin kissed her gently, keeping her as close as possible. Jen smiled against his lips, melting into his arms. When he pulled away, he was smiling like a madman. She knew he was dying to tell someone, but wanted to respect her wishes. When the two entered the apartment, Jen was blushing beet red with Colin's arm around her waist. She was usually embarassed to let a guy show her off, but now was even harder. She was about to tell the person who was rooting for their relationship the most that she was right, and Jen didn't know if she was ready for the 'I knew it's and 'I can't believe you didn't tell me's that she knew were coming. Lana and Julia were on the couch together, and when the couple walked into the room, Lana squealed.

"I knew it! Why didn't you tell me? I can't believe you didn't tell me! Why didn't you tell the cast?" Lana rambled.

"Lana, calm down. I thought itwould be better to take it really slow and not tell you guys yet, just in case it didn't work out. You aren't exactly the calmest group, and Colin agreed, so right now, we're not telling anyone. Julia was the first to know, you were the first to suspect, the cast won't know for a little bit. Please, don't tell them." Jen explained. Lana nodded, seeming to understand.

"You know, if it works out and you don't tell anyone for months, then they found out you kept this huge thing from them for a long time, they'll be even more upset than if you just told them." Lana explained.

"But it's hardly a thing. We're not exactly dating, but we aren't friends." Jen replied.

"You're dating." Lana said, crossing her arms over her chest. Jen looked at Colin, then back at Lana.

"What? We haven't even been on a single date." Jen seemed completely confused. Colin just pulled her closer. She leaned almost completely into him, biting her bottom lip. Colin kissed the top of her head with a smile. "I hate that you can do that." Jen muttered, her head on Colin's shoulder. Colin chuckled and rested his head in hers, taking one of her hands in his free hand.

"Dating." Lana whisperd obnoxiously. Julia elbowed her, making her yelp and jump away. Julia seemed happy with herself as Jen returned her focus to Colin. He traced circled on the back of her hand, watching her face as she pondered over what Lana was insisting.

"Just let her win, love. We can talk later." Colin whispered in her ear. Jen sighed and looked into his eyes for a few seconds before tirning to Lana with a half smile.

"Fine. We're dating." Jen sighed. Lana seemed proud, and Colin let go of Jen's hand to wrap his arm around her waist and bring her closer. She smiled as be kissed her, bringing her arms up to wrap around his neck.