Twenty-Eight: The Big Day

A/N: This is a super long one because it's really special!! Welcome to the colifer wedding. In the picture above, Jen's dress, hair, ring, flowers, and cake are on the right. The bridesmaid's things are on the left. Enjoy!

Jen could feel her hands begin to sweat, her stomach was churning, and she was wide awake for the first time in a while. Her ribs were the least of her worries, she was standing in a small room with her stepfather and bridesmaids, in her dress. She was the most nervous she'd ever been, and the second most excited. She felt a rush of adrenaline rush through her veins as her friends left, one by one, Lana first, she walked alone. Then Julia walked with Josh, Ginny with Jared, Emilie with Sean, and Bex with Jack. Hailee and Evan followed, Evan pulling Hailee in a little wagon because she was so young. Then, it was Jen's turn. She stood from her wheelchair and took her stepfather's arm. Here goes. As she made her way down the aisle, her eyes never left Colin's. Even when her stepfather kissed her forehead and stepped aside, she had a hard time prying her eyes off of him to sit in the chair waiting for hers. She couldn't stand through the whole thing, which was frustrating to her. Her frustration calmes as her eyes locked with Colin's again, making the world around her fade. She could barely hear the pastor speaking, until he asked for her vows.

"Wow, I can barely remember them right now. Colin, I love you so much. You've saved my life, you've saved my heart, you gave me my daughter, and I can't explain how I'm feeling right now. I can tell you that I will never stop loving you. I promise that no matter what, you have a place in my heart. And I'm going to be loving you for a long time, because the hospital found a donor lung. I can't wait to spend our honeymoon in a hospital." Jen started crying halfway through, holding Colin's hands tighter, and it was his turn.

"I had to rewrite mine like five minutes ago, so they're not that great. Jen, I fell in love with you the moment I saw you, and that scared me. I hadn't loved in so long, I forgot what it felt like. With you, we could honeymoon in a hospital and it still be the most perfect time ever. I thought I was going to lose you. We all did. And now, I can't imagine how I would've lived without you. You're my whole world. I love our little family, and I could never, ever live without you." Colin was crying now, and Jen had pulled her hands away to wipe her eyes quickly. They weren't paying attention anymore, they were lost in each other's eyes. The pastor finally said one of his final lines, and Colin replied more than willingly.

"I do." A huge smile was on his lips. He juswanted to kiss her.

"I do." Jen held herself back, listening to the most exciting words they'd heard all day.

"You may now kiss the bride." Colin scooped Jen up in his arms, their lips meeting in a kiss. Jen held tight onto him, hoping to memorize the feeling of standing at the altar. When they pulled apart, Jen burried her head in Colin's neck. They didn't want to move for a long, long time. They finally had to head inside, but they never took their hands off of each other. Jen had a more comfortable dress, that actually fit in the wheelchair in the changing rooms, so they went upstairs first. As soon as the door shut, their lips met in a passionate kiss. Jen thought she would never change, and she wouldn't at that rate. Without breaking their kiss, he undid the top button of her dress.

"Stop there. We still hace to show up at our wedding." She teased him, taking her red dress off of its hanger on the door.

"You still need help." He smirked, placing his hands on her hips.

"Yes, but no funny buisness." Jen crossed her arms.

"Fine, fine. That can wait until tonight." Colin's smirk returned to his lips. Jen simply rolled her eyes and spun around so that he could get her out of her dress. She pulled on the long red dress, which matched her roses. He wrapped his arms around her waist and place one last gentle kiss on her lips, before picking her up bridal style and carrying her down the stairs, despite her protests. He set her on the ground gently at the bottom of the stairs, then wrapped his arms around her waist.