Rekindled Feelings part one

Did that just....I mean, what was...Huh?

Hikaru blinks rapidly, watching until Dark becomes a speck in the distance. Fire blazes in her veins and she shivers.

I swear to God for a second, I thought I was kissing Daiske...

She rubs her face with both hands and pulls the door open. She is greeted by warm air.

No. That's stupid. It was the Phantom Thief. It was Dark. NOT Daiske, that would be wierd.

Stepping inside, she slips off her sweater and plops onto the bed, wiggling underneath the covers.

Anyways, Daiske likes Risa...not me.

With a sigh Hikaru turns to her side, seeing a golden bird soar past her window as she drifts off...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We will depart in five minutes." Says the voice from the speaker. Yawning, Hikaru attempts to blink the sleep from her eyes. She was up for hours last night thinking about Dark and had come to the conclusion that he is some stupid boy with mechanical wings. As for the kiss, he must have been desperate for a girlfriend. And as for the golden bird...a dream for sure.

From the corner of her eyes, Hikaru sees a familiar flash of red hair.

The kiss. I thought I was kissing...

"Hey Daiske!" Hikaru peers at him from over her shoulder. There are dark shadows under his ruby-coloured eyes, "How's the family stuff?" Daiske tilts his head to the side, confusion written across his face.

"F-Family stuff?" Hikaru nods, ignoring his stuttering.

"Yeah. You couldn't come last night because of family stuff." Or at least that's what you told me...

"Oh that!" Daiske lowers his eyes to the floor, suddenly finding his shoes very interesting. "It's okay," he says, fidgiting with the hem of his sleeve.

Lies.

"Oh I'm glad!" Hikaru says

instead, "I was really worried for you. I called you a few times."

Yeah. When I kept thinking about the kiss and I couldn't sleep because for a second I thought I was kissing
you...

"O-oh. Well...my...phone was off?"

Was that a question? Oh Daiske...

Hikaru feels a smile form forcefully on her lips, "Don't worry Dai. I understand."

But why are you lying to me?

And why are you acting so nervous?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It must have been Dark!" Hikaru hears as she enters the classroom. Sahara is surrounded by a group of students listening to him. He raises his voice, "There have been at least two accidents caused by his appearance." The group murmers and some girls sqeal at the mention of Dark.

"And!" Sahara leaps onto his chair and the room hushes. "And the witnesses say they saw the exact same thing...a bird!"

More muttering and Hikaru rolls her eyes, dropping her books onto her desk.

"We must conclude that this flying being is none other than Phantom Dark!"

Hikaru notices Daiske gasp and she studies him from her side of the classroom. He is tuurning pale, almost as if the blood if being dained from him agonizingly.

Why?

"How dare you say those things!" Risa leaps up to her feet, pointing accusingly at Sahara. "Dark is kind and handsom and sweet and is twice the man you'll ever be!" Her group of friends nod in agreement.

All this talk about Dark is going to drive me crazy! Hikaru rubs the bridge of her nose and her eyes fall shut.

She hears a chair scrape the floor and Hikaru watches as Daiske stalks out of the classroom. Curious she gets up and follows him. As she walks, she didn't notice the boy with dyed blue hair watching her...

Up ahead, she sees Riku shove Daiske onto the ground. Seeing Daiske hit the wall, Hikaru races over to them.

"I'm so sorry!" Riku exclaims as she. lifts an unconsious Daiske onto her shoulder. She glances up at Hikaru.  "Can you help me take him to the infirmary?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hikaru watches as Risa leaves the infermary. Beside her, Riku grips onto her skirt until her knuckles turn white.

"H-how is he?" Riku asks. Risa shurgs.

"He's awake if you want to talk to-"

Riku gets to her feet and rushes into the room, leaving Hikaru alone with Risa.

"Hikaru?"

"Hmmm?"

"I think I'm in love." Wait what?

"With who?" Hikaru inquires. Is it Daiske?

"His name is Phantom Dark." Hikaru's eyes widen at the thought of Risa and Dark. Then her face flushes when she thinks about the kiss...

"O-oh." She says, turning so Risa wouldn't see the blush.

"Daiske is going to help me find him tonight. Want to come?"

The kiss...

"I'm not sure..." Risa grabs onto her shoulder, digging her nails into Hikaru's flesh.

"Please?" Hikaru sighs and yanks her arm out of Risa's grasp. Her nails rake her skin, leaving trails of red.

"Fine." Risa smiles.

"Great. I'll see you tonight!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Did you hear?" Risa sqeals into the phone. Pulling it away from her ear, Hikaru winces.

"Hear what?"

"Dark sent out another warning letter. He'll strike at midnight tonight. You'll come, won't you?"

"Yeah. Is Daiske coming?"

"Yep. Meet me at my house?'

"When?"

"Now?" Hikaru nods.

"See you there."

Risa hangs up and Hikaru listens to the tone for a minute before hanging up. Grabbing her bag, she rushes down the stairs.

What did I get myself into now?

Hellooooo readers.

That took FOREVER!!!!! Sry if it was boring...it was just about to get good.

It was long too. Sorry if THAT made you bored but I promise. Rekindled Feelings Part Two will be sooooooooo much better.

vote/comment I want to know what you think.

TheAngelOfMusic
:)