Facing Dragons part two

"Let me have your attention while you're cleaning." Mr. Kaseda says. Hikaru lifts her eyes from the sink, allowing her hands to dangle in soapy water. "I want the following students to report for cabbage shredding tomorrow afternoon. Herada! Of course I mean Risa Herada." Risa scowls, crossing her wet arms,

"I know. You don't have to say it."

"And for a change of pace," Mr. Kaseda's eyes slides across the classroom, "Daiske." Mr. Kaseda slews his eyes over to Hikaru and she flushes in embarrassment when he says her name. Great. Stuck with Risa, Daiske, and Dark... Emotion wells up in her as Hikaru throws a glance at Daiske; happiness, sadness, pain, hate, jealousy...love. How is it possible that I hate Dark so much yet the mere thought of him melts my heart?

"You sly dog!" Sahara whispers loudly, smaking the small of Daiske's back, "Risa and Hikaru! Alone with you!" Daiske shoves Sahara away, his eyes looking everywhere but Hikaru.

"Anything but that..." He mumbles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Riku!" Balancing her tray in one hand, Risa shoves open the door, peering inside. Her sister is busy at a desk shoved in the corner of the bedroom, her hall falling in cascades over her shoulder. "Do you want some tea?" Riku looks up from her papers,

"That depends. Did you make it?" Risa giggles and sets the tray on the desk, placing her hands on Riku's shoulders. The oldest Herada twin tenses, her eyelids lowered in suspision.

"Do you want a massage?" Risa inquires. Jerking away, Riku glares at Risa.

"Okay. What do you want?" Risa shrugs innocently.

"We're twins, right?" Riku nods skeptically.

"Yeah, why?"

"Well twins look alike..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Augh! I can't believe this!" Daiske paces across his room angrily, his bare feet hitting against the floor boards. "Stuck with Hikaru and Risa!" He glares at his rabbit. "And this is all your fault With!" With's ear twitches at the sound of his name and the bunny stares at Daiske with large eyes. With lazily leaps over to Daiske and the boy leans over to pick up the lump of fur. "Oh With. What will we do with you?" He tickles With's stomach and the bunny squirms out of Daiske's grip, landing on the floor with a soft thump. A gentle glow radiates from With and Daiske watches in awe as the bunny becomes engulfed in heavenly flames. When the light diminishes, Daiske is staring at an exact replica of himself...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With an exasperated sigh, Hikaru crumples her drawing and it joins the others littering her floor; a clear sign her creativity juices aren't flowing as easily as she originally planned. Expertly twirling her pencil in her hand, Hikaru stares at the blank sheet of paper, silently daring it to challenge her. Without thinking, she allows her pencil to glide across the page, letting it guide her instead of her having to guide it. Swirls and patterns form.

An eye.

A strand of hair.

A nose.

An ear.

A smirk dancing on lips...

Glancing down at the page, she flushes, tearing it out angrily. The difference is that Hikaru can't bring herself to crumple the drawing up and toss it away. Instead, she lets it slide through her fingers, drifting to the ground.

A Phantom Thief...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So I can count on you today after school?" Risa asks as Riku hops onto her bike, adjusting her bag. Riku nods.

"Yeah...I guess." Risa grins,

"Great!" She exclaims, "I'll call this the 'Everyone Doubles as Someone Else and Lives Happily Ever After' operation!" Riku rolls her eyes and Risa sighs. "You're right. It sucks. How about the 'Loving Twin Sisters Oper-'"

"How about we switch places right now and you can ride the bike to school?" Risa's grin falters as Riku places her feet on the pedals.

"Ummm. Okay. I'll shut up now." Risa says watching as Riku races off into the horizon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Hikaru?" Hikaru shuts her sketchbook shut and turns toward Daiske, ignoring the chatter of the students entering the classroom.

"Yeah?"

"We have a problem." Hikaru furrows her brows.

"And the problem is..."

"My rabbit snuck into my bag again." Daiske says sheepishly.

"Again?" Hikaru scans the classroom before leaning towards Daiske's ear. "Give him to one of the Science Club members. They can keep him in the lab until class is over. You'll have to take him to cabbage shredding though."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hikaru watches with lazy contempt as Daiske grips his bag to his chest as it wiggles and squirms. People shove by them, eager to get out of school for the day.

"Can you quit it?" Daiske gives the bag a shake and it stills.

"Awww. Daiske. Don't hurt the poor bunny!" Dark exclaims and Daiske scowls. "Shut up!"

"What's your bag saying today Daiske?" Risa skips over to them, a silly grin plastered on her face. I wonder if she and Dark had that date yet...no! Stop thinking like this! Hikaru glances at Daiske, expecting him to be blushing a dozen shades of red. Instead, he is standing there with a look of confusion written across his fine features. Risa takes his hand, "Come on! We should hurry or we'll get scoulded by Mr. Kaseda." Okay. So I'm invisible now. Giggling, Risa releases Daiske's hand and trots down the hallway. Daiske's hand falls limp onto his side, hitting his thigh.

"You okay Dai?" asks Hikaru. He looks so lost and confused. Daiske doesn't reply, giving Hikaru a simple shrug. She watches him as he stares after Risa, his hand finding its way to his heart...

Tada!!!!! Part two! What is going on with everyone today????? They're all planning something..........I will not say anything about what will happen in part three. Okay. I'll say this, "Things are gonna get crazy!"

Love you all,
TheAngelOfMusic27