Heir To The Throne

Day after day Roan sat by Curie and her belly grew as his children kicked and fought inside her womb. Unable to keep up her blood intake on her own, they'd resorted to a full time feeding tube but the pain was too much for her to be awake and she spent most of her time sedated. Roan had taken her home to Azgeda where Clarke visited every few days to check on Curie and the babies she grew within her. Roan missed his wife's humour and kind words almost as much as her wise judgement and silly games by the stress of the pregnancy was too much. Twins were a rarity but triplets! Triplets were a gift that no-one had witnessed in many many years. Clarke's visits became more and more frequent as the pregnancy progressed and Curie spent more time asleep aided by sedatives then awake. When Clarke had estimate that she was thirty five weeks into her gestation she noticed something during her now every second day check ups. The babies heart wants were uneven and weak. "I can perform a cesarean for her Roan, I can get the babies out safely" she promised the anxious King Ad her mother and her med student Jackson arrived in the second Arkadia rover. "Save them all Clarke" he said before turning to look away from her. Clarke and Abby went in and began to prepare Curie. With a large dose of Sedatives working through her body, Clarke made the incision across Curie's lower stomach carefully. The process had to be slow and one by one they delivered the babies. Two girls and a boy. All with Roan's dark hair and light coloured eyes. Abby gave Clarke a misty eyed smile over Curie's body as they prepared to stitch the wound. That was until blood began to gush from Curie's stomach. Panicked Abby pressed he hands against the incision in hopes to stop the flow but it wasn't ready to stop. The babies were silently lying on the plush fur wrapped neatly in cloth squares while Clarke and Abby battled to save their mother. Blood began to drip from Curie's mouth as she coughed and sputtered trying to draw a decent breath. Blood was flooding her lungs somehow and as hard as they were trying, Curie was dying. Clarke felt Curie's heart give out and began chest compressions but it never restarted, even with the shock paddles on full power she didn't wake up. Her eyes were closed and she was perfectly still. As if they knew their mother had just left this world the three babies began to howl hysterically and Roan burst through the door to see Clarke, Abby and Jackson each holding a baby while their clothes were soaked through with the blood they had desperately tried to keep inside Curie. His gaze fell on his wife. No comfort was given as he fell to his knees beside his dead wife, cradling her broken body. His howl echoed through the castle, it's haunted sadness staining the night.